Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Fatigue

A friendly ear
Watis
Lemon Quarter

Re: Fatigue

Postby Watis » November 12th, 2021, 3:27 pm

AleisterCrowley wrote:Ah, working from home so - 'sorry, broadband problems' or 'couldn't get off mute'

Have you ever renamed yourself 'reconnecting...' for a while so you can nip away and do something useful?

Watis

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » November 12th, 2021, 3:32 pm

I do overuse the 'Do not disturb' on Teams, when I need a break. Looks like I'm in conference with The Seniors

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » November 13th, 2021, 11:34 am

servodude wrote:It sounds like you're making the most of the time with your mum; that's really all that matters at the moment.
We lost my father-in-law a week ago to dementia; we lost most of him about three weeks previously when it took a drastic down turn.
If the Modafinil is working for you just now that's a success.

Sleep apnea is a very tricky business to diagnose and manage. Some folk with severe apnea (as measured by the AHI score) hardly feel tired in the day at all - others with mild/moderate OSA can barely get anything done because they're that fatigued.

Now's probably not the time but if they've decided that your apnea is mild because of a sleep study (polysomnography) the same study would probably show if you were a candidate for narcolepsy.

- sd

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your Father-in-law. We are losing Mum quite rapidly now. Over the last two days she has become more confused and delirious.

The sleep study I had last week was a home sleep study. Which doesn't include monitoring of brain waves. I've slept for three nights now without my APAP and feel remarkably good. I take 200mg of Modafinil immediately upon waking and if I start to feel tired before 2pm another 200mg. It's transformative.

My sleep clinic are referring me to their respiratory doctor and they have also advised me to contact my GP to get a referral to a neurologist. I've grown tired of the process though and just feel if the Modafinil is working and it clearly is then I just move forward without anymore "support" from the NHS.

Kind regards

AiY

Sunnypad
Lemon Slice

Postby Sunnypad » November 13th, 2021, 6:30 pm

AiY - are you coping all right with that? I hope to be much more matter of fact if I have to go through that again but tbh the real problem with dad's passing was mum. :oops: I would have coped much better if I didn't have to look after her.

Re meds - Funny how different we all are
The most Modafinil I've ever taken was 50mg - never again!

Now 25mg absolute max.

I am used to taking half of any recommended dose, used to blame it on being short. Now I have become a cube, it is less easily explained. :lol:

Return to “Comfort Cafe”