Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

80% salary payments ?

Startups, marketing and more
dspp
Lemon Half

80% salary payments ?

Postby dspp » March 21st, 2020, 7:34 pm

Has anybody got any detail at all on the 80% salary payments announcement.

The only thing I have really managed to find out is that we will know details by the end of April.

That's quite a long time to be paying salaries on trust, hoping that there won't be a bait & switch & small print.

Regards,
dspp

johnhemming
Lemon Quarter

Re: 80% salary payments ?

Postby johnhemming » March 21st, 2020, 8:37 pm

This is the best I can find
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-scheme

AIUI the objective is cash by the end of April.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » March 21st, 2020, 8:39 pm

Snippets and expected timings are within the ICAEW link over at Taxes (on a separate matter):

viewtopic.php?p=292872#p292872

I thought it best not to c&p too much.

dspp
Lemon Half

Postby dspp » March 22nd, 2020, 4:23 pm

John & PD,

Thank you both. It is exactly as I feared, that solution (generous as it is) will not work for the circumstances I am managing. It appears you have to furlough the workers to access that support. But it doesn't work when you have to keep folk in the factory in order to meet minimum crew requirements (safety etc) but have extremely low throughput due to orders / materials reduced.

Most difficult. But thanks for the links.

Regards, dspp

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » March 22nd, 2020, 9:57 pm

dspp wrote:John & PD,

Thank you both. It is exactly as I feared, that solution (generous as it is) will not work for the circumstances I am managing. It appears you have to furlough the workers to access that support. But it doesn't work when you have to keep folk in the factory in order to meet minimum crew requirements (safety etc) but have extremely low throughput due to orders / materials reduced.

Regards, dspp

Are you having to keep on all of your workers or can you furlough some of them and keep a skeleton crew?

John

dspp
Lemon Half

Postby dspp » March 23rd, 2020, 11:05 am

redsturgeon wrote:

Regards, dspp

Are you having to keep on all of your workers or can you furlough some of them and keep a skeleton crew?

John

John, sorry but I can't discuss details here, and in any case it is an evolving situation, and there are a lot of moving pieces. regards, dspp

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » March 23rd, 2020, 11:06 am

dspp wrote:
redsturgeon wrote:

Regards, dspp

John

John, sorry but I can't discuss details here, and in any case it is an evolving situation, and there are a lot of moving pieces. regards, dspp

I understand.

John

dspp
Lemon Half

Postby dspp » March 25th, 2020, 11:37 am

Snorvey wrote:Without starting a new thread, it would seem that the Scottish Government are taking significant steps to support small businesses....

https://www.gov.scot/news/gbp-2-2-billion-for-business/

My understanding is that almost all of of this is the standard UK package repbranded with a blue & white flag. There are some additions for some Scottish pecularities (whisky). If you see anything more significant than this in differences could you highlight it as that might help me with something I am dealing with (and I don't have a great deal of spare time).

regards, dspp

Return to “Running a Business”