Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Tax filing

Practical Issues
UnclePhilip
2 Lemon pips

Tax filing

Postby UnclePhilip » January 20th, 2020, 7:01 pm

I've used TaxCalc, happily, for a long time. Today our computer guru friend was helping me set up replacement laptops and various network issues.

He asked me why I use TaxCalc rather than use the HMRC online SA filing. I said that TaxCalc had features missing from HMRC, but couldn't remember which!

As those features may no longer be needed in our more simplified retired situation, I've been trying, and failing, to find out what they could be....

Does anyone know, please? [is it perhaps CGT?]

mutantpoodle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Tax filing

Postby mutantpoodle » January 21st, 2020, 11:08 am

am not sure about 'features' but certainly some things can be done online with Taxcalc that cannot be done online with HMRC

eg...SA 109 the overseas temporary resident form
...also...I believe the 'trust' pages

the best way to investigate would be to visit the HMRC site and see if YOU are able to submit everything that they require YOU to submit

scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Re: Tax filing

Postby scrumpyjack » January 21st, 2020, 11:42 am

mutantpoodle wrote:am not sure about 'features' but certainly some things can be done online with Taxcalc that cannot be done online with HMRC

eg...SA 109 the overseas temporary resident form
...also...I believe the 'trust' pages

the best way to investigate would be to visit the HMRC site and see if YOU are able to submit everything that they require YOU to submit

HMRC don't support the Minister of Religion pages but Taxcalc do (not that I need to complete those pages!)

Return to “Taxes (Practical)”