Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to tea42,PeterGray,binkpa,OLTB,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Goals for February 2020

Think it, Plan it, Do it
Tortoise1000
2 Lemon pips

Goals for February 2020

Postby Tortoise1000 » February 9th, 2020, 2:45 pm

I started writing February goals and then was struck down by illness. I have popped up again however, so I will post them quick before the next thing gets me. Chinese ‘flu I expect. My friend’s son-in-law is off to Chamonix soon, visiting his brother who has a ski hire shop. When he gets back we are doomed.

One of my goals for 2020 is to travel, to England in the summer. If I ever reach that promised land, then the priority is to sort out the back garden. It needs levelling and landscaping. There were various preparatory jobs that I had to do last year, fencing, shifting piles of leftover building materials and moving plants and frogs to safety. The goal for this month is to find someone who can help with the design.

Also chase up balustrade man again if he doesn’t reappear. He is not hard to find btw; his mother-in-law lives 2 doors away. He has simply got a lot on and the weather is adverse.

Declutter the bathroom cabinet. A dismal goal for a dismal day :-)

Lose half a stone, preferably not because of Chinese ‘flu.

Get some exercise 4 times a week. That would be 17 times altogether. I am a bit behind with this, but hoping to catch up.

T

Stonge
Lemon Slice

Re: Goals for February 2020

Postby Stonge » February 17th, 2020, 11:16 pm

February already...

Phoned up First Direct today. Been a while since I last phoned them. Heard that some young tw@t had been appointed head a couple of years ago. Full of the usual gob.

So. It used to be good. Answer within a few seconds. Today, hung on for seven minutes enduring the usual hectoring to sign up for online banking or a smartphone app.

Eventually spoke to someone, who spoke understandable English and still had the power to deal with my problem. Won't be long before that all changes. Cost cutting before service, always.

There isn't much hope really.

Tortoise1000
2 Lemon pips

Re: Goals for February 2020

Postby Tortoise1000 » February 19th, 2020, 2:05 pm

I didnt used to mind holding on with first direct, because they played Mozart to me. In fact I positively liked it. But now they have changed it to some pop music. I complained but it seems they are aiming to appeal to a younger audience or something. Because Mozart is like, out of date. An old fogey with no appeal to the generation coming up after him :-(

On the goals front, I have lost half a pound and de-cluttered the bathroom cabinet. Also have an appointment booked with a garden designer next week.

Not that the bathroom cabinet was particularly crammed, but I find it is necessary to keep going round and re-de-cluttering. Surprising how much rubbish and out of date stuff there is is in a place you haven't examined for a while. There are people who do the whole job in one fell swoop, but I have not been brave enough for that. I read about a Mimimalist the other day who packed up his whole flat then simply unpacked what he needed over the following month. A clever idea. But would a month be long enough? What about the Christmas decorations? He was young bachelor so I suppose in that particular case he didn't have any.

Have you got rid of a lot during your removal, Stonge? Have you bought a new house yet?

T

Return to “Your Tomorrow Starts Today”