Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Tomorrow...

Think it, Plan it, Do it
OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Tomorrow...

Postby OLTB » December 15th, 2019, 8:29 pm

I shall wake at 6, go to the gym and be back to make lunch for myself and Mrs OLTB before heading off to work.

There, I’ve said it now so I’ll do it. You are (whoever’s reading this) my accountability buddies.

Cheers, OLTB.

OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Re: Tomorrow...

Postby OLTB » December 15th, 2019, 8:49 pm

I agree Snorvey - it’s more a re-awakening of a lapsed regime (very easy to do I’ve found!).

I used to set out gym gear before going to bed and found this overcame another internal objection.

Can’t wait for tomorrow morning now :?

Cheers, OLTB.

OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Postby OLTB » December 16th, 2019, 5:59 am

The rain outside isn’t too inviting, but here we go...

Have a good day everyone, cheers, OLTB.

Loup321
Lemon Slice

Postby Loup321 » December 16th, 2019, 2:56 pm

Alright, on Wednesday I will go swimming on my way to work.

I was umming and ahhing about going this week. I started in September when my daughter went back to school, and have managed every week apart from the school holidays (I don't actual swim if I take my daughter) and when I had work commitments. This week would have been the first miss due to "feeling overwhelmed with all the things I need to get done before the weekend," but even so if I miss it I will probably only sit playing games on my tablet and not wrap presents or clean the house.

So I will swim, and probably do 20 lengths.

OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Postby OLTB » December 16th, 2019, 5:36 pm

Loup321 wrote:Alright, on Wednesday I will go swimming on my way to work.

I was umming and ahhing about going this week. I started in September when my daughter went back to school, and have managed every week apart from the school holidays (I don't actual swim if I take my daughter) and when I had work commitments. This week would have been the first miss due to "feeling overwhelmed with all the things I need to get done before the weekend," but even so if I miss it I will probably only sit playing games on my tablet and not wrap presents or clean the house.

So I will swim, and probably do 20 lengths.

Ok Loup321, I call your 20 lengths and will also do a further gym session on Wed at 6am again.

I’ve had a great day today :D

Cheers, OLTB.

Loup321
Lemon Slice

Postby Loup321 » December 19th, 2019, 9:54 am

I did my 20 lengths yesterday. Felt good that I had done it, and not just wasted the morning. Presents still need wrapping and house still needs cleaning before visitors arrive, but magic happens at Christmas (as long as each person's gifts are wrapped before they arrive, they can help with wrapping the next guest's gifts).

How did your gym session go, OLTB?

LouP

OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Postby OLTB » December 19th, 2019, 3:04 pm

Very well thanks LouP - was a bit later going in as the ice on the windscreen needed a bit of encouragement to come off!

Next session planned for tomorrow am and with three sessions this week, am happy with this!

How about your next swim?

Cheers, OLTB.

Loup321
Lemon Slice

Postby Loup321 » December 19th, 2019, 3:44 pm

Ah, I can only go on Wednesdays when the small person is in school, so 2 weeks off for me. I work part time, and keep up with cooking and cleaning on the other days that I'm not working or looking after the small person. Given that 12 months ago I was doing no exercise, it's a small but positive step. I know that I need to do more, but unless I quit my job or put my daughter up for adoption, I don't see where it's supposed to fit in :?.

I did try exercising at home, doing bits along with an app on my tablet, or the Canadian Air Force fitness program, but that involves keeping the living room tidy and vacuumed (it's amazing how many crumbs you see when you're doing a plank!), and getting up at 6.00 every day (so other people aren't up yet and questioning everything I do). These seem difficult to overcome for more than a few days at a time :oops:. Perhaps I need to only do it three days a week, or even only 1 day, like the swimming, and then build it up. But being in the house creates a whole set of things I ought to be doing, and a tablet with games on it that "need" playing. Setting aside 15 minutes is harder than setting aside two hours to do something out of the house. Two hours is [bus, cash machine, pay, change, swim, shower, dry hair, buy hot chocolate, bus back to train station to go to work] with only about 30 minutes in the pool.

There are priorities in my life, and exercise isn't one of them, but it should be. I will try and get my head round it over the break, and in January post my New Year's Resolution on here. I know that typically goals on here have been monthly (but no one has posted for ages), but I think I need to make long term changes, and adding in one thing each month (while giving an update on the past month) seems achievable.

I'm glad that you have decided on a level you are happy with, and are able to commit to it. Hopefully the lapse is over for you, but I admire you trying to fix your lapse in December, just before Christmas! Are you able to go to the gym over the break? Or will it be replaced with brisk walks in the park or round the Boxing Day sales?

LouP

OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Postby OLTB » December 20th, 2019, 3:42 pm

Hi LouP

Didn't make it this morning :oops:

I will be up early tomorrow though as it's a Saturday so no work to consider and get it done whilst family rests.

If it's easier to exercise at home, the Madbarz app is quite a good one - lots of different workouts to try (a free section and pay-for section).

I will continue to go throughout the holidays and work off the inevitable excess.

Good luck! OLTB.

OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Postby OLTB » December 21st, 2019, 11:54 am

Snorvey wrote:I will continue to go throughout the holidays and work off the inevitable excess.

Ah the holidays. A traditional time of excess.

In the past few years, I have utilised fasting / meal skipping to keep the worst of the weight under control.

This year, as with last, the weather forecast is looking pretty good, so I intend to get 'out there' as much as possible.

Yes, I have just started intermittent fasting and found it easier than I thought it would be. I finish my meal in the evening and then drink water the next day until my next evening meal. Once or twice a week is fine by me. I also read, ‘The Obesity Code’ by Dr Jason Fung which was a bit of an eye opener - I’m not obese but interested in eating well and this intermittent fasting was recommended.

Cheers, OLTB.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » December 21st, 2019, 7:08 pm

In preparation for the inevitable Christmas blow out I have been watching my intake for a couple of months and have reduced my weight by about 9lb and my waistband by 2 belt holes. Hopefully, come the new year, I'll not be busting out my trousers again.

Return to “Your Tomorrow Starts Today”