Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to kiloran,Anonymous,Howard,Gostevie,JuanDB, for Donating to support the site

RAVP

Gilts, bonds, and interest-bearing shares
moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Re: RAVP

Postby moorfield » May 3rd, 2021, 4:07 pm

88V8 wrote:Luni never applied his Zones concept to Prefs & Bonds. I wonder where one would draw the boundaries. I'm not sure that Goldilocks ever visited Russia.

Found this thread as I've been looking at RAVP as a potential new holding next month. I do draw boundaries when buying prefs - anything yielding >2*CTY yield is an entry point. Conversely I stop buying ordinaries there. My cack handed thinking being I would rather be drawing income from prefs than ords at such high yields. Hence RAVP, at 10.4% today, is on my radar.

By the way, I can't find RAVC quoted anywhere (eg. LSE, AJ Bell), have I missed something since they were last discussed here?

Laughton
Lemon Slice

Postby Laughton » May 3rd, 2021, 4:59 pm

RAVC converted (sorry if that's not the official term) into a mix of ordinaries and RAVP. I think it was around September 2020.

88V8
Lemon Quarter

Postby 88V8 » May 3rd, 2021, 5:33 pm

moorfield wrote:Found this thread as I've been looking at RAVP as a potential new holding next month. I do draw boundaries when buying prefs - anything yielding >2*CTY yield is an entry point. Conversely I stop buying ordinaries there. My cack handed thinking being I would rather be drawing income from prefs than ords at such high yields. Hence RAVP, at 10.4% today, is on my radar.

The average Pref is yielding c 5.5%.
So these are perceived to be risky. When they were called Raven Russia, the risk was more obvious.
I sold out quite a while ago, perhaps wrongly.

The ords trade at roughly 70% of NAV, if one can believe the NAV.
Bullish comment here https://www.equitydevelopment.co.uk/res ... e-provider

I dare say the management are good at their trade and know the local landscape, so it's really all about the political risk. Stick em in the ISA for ten years and you'll be free and clear and have the laugh on those of us who sat on the sidelines.

V8

CatcheeMonkee
Lemon Pip

Postby CatcheeMonkee » May 4th, 2021, 8:32 pm

There's chat on ADVFN about RAVP. Hold a few.

Any thoughts on RE.B (REA prefs) now that they've declared restarting dividends. Hold a few, too.

Laughton
Lemon Slice

Postby Laughton » May 4th, 2021, 9:44 pm

Re RE.B - I believe they said something like "dependent on palm oil price staying at current levels"

I hold a few too - will be a good holding if they do pay this year's coupon and even better if they eventually pay previous years'.

moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Postby moorfield » May 4th, 2021, 10:02 pm

Laughton wrote:Re RE.B - I believe they said something like "dependent on palm oil price staying at current levels"

I hold a few too - will be a good holding if they do pay this year's coupon and even better if they eventually pay previous years'.

A separate thread for RE.B here viewtopic.php?p=388638#p388638

Return to “Gilts and Bonds”