Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Bonds where no CGT is payable

Gilts, bonds, and interest-bearing shares
Colevan

Bonds where no CGT is payable

Postby Colevan » November 24th, 2022, 12:33 pm

I would be very grateful if someone could point me to a list of Qualifying Bonds where No CGT
is payable. If such a list exists

I think with the current values, certainly of the bank Bonds and taking a 2 or 3-year view that there is a possibility of some capital growth.

I want the income in the family trusts to reclaim and pass down to the grandchildren but It makes sense to protect the Growth
of the capital where possible.

Many thanks.

SKYSHIP
Lemon Slice

Re: Bonds where no CGT is payable

Postby SKYSHIP » November 24th, 2022, 1:48 pm

Interested to see whether such a thing even exists - certainly I'm not aware of such.

Being now a retired ex-pat I'm no longer an expert in UK tax regs - I just assumed people placed stocks in a tax-free ISA wrapper.

genou
Lemon Quarter

Re: Bonds where no CGT is payable

Postby genou » November 24th, 2022, 3:30 pm

Colevan wrote:I would be very grateful if someone could point me to a list of Qualifying Bonds where No CGT
is payable. If such a list exists

I think with the current values, certainly of the bank Bonds and taking a 2 or 3-year view that there is a possibility of some capital growth.

I want the income in the family trusts to reclaim and pass down to the grandchildren but It makes sense to protect the Growth
of the capital where possible.

Many thanks.

I don't know if such a centralised list exists. The vast majority of retail accessible bonds are QCBs - the rules are reasonably simple:

It is in sterling and has no rights of conversion into, or redemption in, a currency other than sterling.
It has no rights of conversion to certain shares or other securities, and no rights to subscribe for additional shares or securities.
The interest paid must not exceed a reasonable commercial return, nor depend on the results of all or part of the issuer's business.
It is either redeemable at par or on terms comparable with the terms of similar listed securities.

Return to “Gilts and Bonds”