Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Bed & ISA'ing bonds with retail brokers

Gilts, bonds, and interest-bearing shares
OldBoyReturns
Lemon Pip

Bed & ISA'ing bonds with retail brokers

Postby OldBoyReturns » March 10th, 2024, 11:37 am

I would be grateful for the experience of others who have tried to Bed & ISA (or Bed & SIPP) bonds with retail brokers - especially HL.

I find myself in a ludicrous situation where HL's platform will allow HALP to be Bed & ISA'd in one of our family member's accounts but not another despite all the settings and trading permissions being the same between the accounts. When raised with HL they ignore this inconvenient truth and simply reply with the incorrect and nonsensical line that 'bonds cannot be Bed & ISA'd because they trade clean/dirty'. Where do you start with that one other than bonds can be Bed & ISA'd and they either trade 'clean' or 'dirty' (usually clean) and NOT 'clean/dirty' which, in any case, is irrelevant to the issue raised?

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Re: Bed & ISA'ing bonds with retail brokers

Postby GoSeigen » March 10th, 2024, 7:42 pm

OldBoyReturns wrote:I would be grateful for the experience of others who have tried to Bed & ISA (or Bed & SIPP) bonds with retail brokers - especially HL.

I find myself in a ludicrous situation where HL's platform will allow HALP to be Bed & ISA'd in one of our family member's accounts but not another despite all the settings and trading permissions being the same between the accounts. When raised with HL they ignore this inconvenient truth and simply reply with the incorrect and nonsensical line that 'bonds cannot be Bed & ISA'd because they trade clean/dirty'. Where do you start with that one other than bonds can be Bed & ISA'd and they either trade 'clean' or 'dirty' (usually clean) and NOT 'clean/dirty' which, in any case, is irrelevant to the issue raised?

I've always Bed & ISA'd bonds over the phone and never had a problem, either with HL or anyone else.

GS

Return to “Gilts and Bonds”