Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Hybrid Capital - preference shares

Gilts, bonds, and interest-bearing shares
GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Re: Hybrid Capital - preference shares

Postby GoSeigen » November 16th, 2020, 1:01 pm

Gan020 wrote:Thanks for this and no I was not aware of the put option and I'm pleased to learn something new as it slightly alters my views on buying bonds above par

It was interesting to me too, I hadn't noticed it in the terms of the EI bonds I held. The option is in the terms under the title "Change of Control" I think. Annual reports also refer to this feature.

My impression is that the enlarged, leveraged acquiring business is viewed as more risky than the original issuer, which would explain why the put option was taken, as well as the higher yield on the newly issued bonds.

GS

johnhemming
Lemon Quarter

Postby johnhemming » December 19th, 2020, 12:42 pm

I have a response from the FCA which is basically not much use so I won't scan it and upload it. I have responded making a suggestion that certainty is needed as to what extent hybrid capital can be called.

bruncher
Lemon Quarter

Postby bruncher » August 30th, 2021, 10:28 am

johnhemming wrote:I have a response from the FCA which is basically not much use so I won't scan it and upload it. I have responded making a suggestion that certainty is needed as to what extent hybrid capital can be called.

Just wondering if you received any further reply from the FCA?

In a world where major financial institutions can claim 'drafting infelicity' as a principle for avoiding contractual obligations, I'm not sure how far anything from the FCA could be relied on.

Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Postby Wizard » August 31st, 2021, 8:57 am

bruncher wrote:
johnhemming wrote:I have a response from the FCA which is basically not much use so I won't scan it and upload it. I have responded making a suggestion that certainty is needed as to what extent hybrid capital can be called.

Just wondering if you received any further reply from the FCA?

In a world where major financial institutions can claim 'drafting infelicity' as a principle for avoiding contractual obligations, I'm not sure how far anything from the FCA could be relied on.

Doubt you will get an answer, he has not been on TLF since January.

88V8
Lemon Half

Postby 88V8 » August 31st, 2021, 11:10 am

I think John has transferred himself to ADVFN.
https://uk.advfn.com/stock-market/londo ... share-chat

V8

Return to “Gilts and Bonds”