Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

IPE and CMHY to merge

Gilts, bonds, and interest-bearing shares
Newroad
Lemon Quarter

IPE and CMHY to merge

Postby Newroad » March 1st, 2021, 3:51 pm

Hi All.

Link below, noting these two High Yield Bond investment trusts to merge.

https://citywire.co.uk/investment-trust-insider/news/invesco-bond-trusts-to-merge-and-create-bigger-better-bips/a1473622

Makes sense to me.

Regards, Newroad

yieldhog
Lemon Slice

Re: IPE and CMHY to merge

Postby yieldhog » March 2nd, 2021, 6:32 pm

Unless the economies of scale are passed on to shareholders in the form of lower fees, I can't immediately see any benefit to me as a shareholder. I've owned IPE for several years and been very satisfied with the fund performance.

Y

Newroad
Lemon Quarter

Postby Newroad » March 2nd, 2021, 6:44 pm

Hi Yieldhog.

Yes, that is the case - the % fees are being reduced

"Invesco will cut its annual management fee to 0.65% of net assets for the larger BIPS, down from the tiered rates for CMHY and IPE which start at 0.75% and 0.8% respectively"

Regards, Newroad

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » March 4th, 2021, 5:16 pm

Newroad wrote:Hi Yieldhog.

"Invesco will cut its annual management fee to 0.65% of net assets for the larger BIPS, down from the tiered rates for CMHY and IPE which start at 0.75% and 0.8% respectively"

Regards, Newroad

Good news. I hold CMHY as part of my portfolio, of which 20% is fixed interest. I like its international approach and hope that the bonds will keep up with increases in inflation, though we've been saying that for at least ten years. Yawn....

Steve

Gan020
Lemon Slice

Postby Gan020 » March 5th, 2021, 11:26 am

stevensfo wrote:

Regards, Newroad

Good news. I hold CMHY as part of my portfolio, of which 20% is fixed interest. I like its international approach and hope that the bonds will keep up with increases in inflation, though we've been saying that for at least ten years. Yawn....

Steve

Hi, I think you may be confusing CMHY with another fund of a similar name and I'm sure other Lemon Fool's will instantly name it.
CMHY is 95% fixed interest. The share price of CMHY is generally unrelated to inflation but more to interest rates. Of course inflation leads to an increase in interest rates but there's a lag effect.

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » March 5th, 2021, 11:52 am

Gan020 wrote:
stevensfo wrote:

Regards, Newroad

Steve

Hi, I think you may be confusing CMHY with another fund of a similar name and I'm sure other Lemon Fool's will instantly name it.
CMHY is 95% fixed interest. The share price of CMHY is generally unrelated to inflation but more to interest rates. Of course inflation leads to an increase in interest rates but there's a lag effect.

Hi, no it's CMHY, but perhaps I was writing too fast and my syntax was not clear enough. My old O-level English teacher would have pulled me up on that! ;) I meant that FI makes up 20% of my portfolio. Most of that 20% is made up of corporate bonds and Preference shares, but some ITs and ETFs for ex-UK coverage.

Steve

Return to “Gilts and Bonds”