Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Ignorance Seeking Enlightenment

Reading price charts which may give you direction in the market using established TA methodology
AWOL
Lemon Slice

Ignorance Seeking Enlightenment

Postby AWOL » October 10th, 2021, 7:04 pm

You TA guys may be able to enlighten me. I cannot watch a Youtube video without getting an eToro advert where a guy says "the market is looking strong, I'm in". This seams counterintuitive to me but perhaps it represents momentum trading. Does buying "strength" make sense? What do you think they mean by "strong"?

I like to buy growth at a reasonable price 8-)

tacpot12
2 Lemon pips

Re: Ignorance Seeking Enlightenment

Postby tacpot12 » October 11th, 2021, 3:11 pm

I think they mean that there are plenty of buyers in the market, so prices should be increasing. Of course, they would say that, wouldn't they. They want you to trade with them so they will either suggest that you should be buying, or that you should be selling. Their reasons for suggesting you should be buying now will be nothing more than a hunch.

They are appealing to people who understand the concept of momentum in a market, and hoping that you will want to jump on the bandwagon. This may be a good move, but I would not accept this suggestion from a trading platform without doing more homework.

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Postby GoSeigen » October 11th, 2021, 3:43 pm

AWOL wrote:You TA guys may be able to enlighten me. I cannot watch a Youtube video without getting an eToro advert where a guy says "the market is looking strong, I'm in". This seams counterintuitive to me but perhaps it represents momentum trading. Does buying "strength" make sense? What do you think they mean by "strong"?

I like to buy growth at a reasonable price 8-)

You should ask the Youtuber or at a minimum post a link to the video here. Otherwise how can anyone possibly know his thoughts? It could mean any of a number of things.

GS

compscidude
Lemon Pip

Postby compscidude » November 3rd, 2021, 3:15 am

What do you think they mean by "strong"?

Strong means whatever you want it to mean, as long as it makes you trade with eToro. That's how marketing works.

comp

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Postby GoSeigen » November 3rd, 2021, 6:36 am

compscidude wrote:
What do you think they mean by "strong"?

Strong means whatever you want it to mean, as long as it makes you trade with eToro. That's how marketing works.

comp

Comp is right, my answer was dumb because I skim read and missed the bit where it was the advert not the video saying the market is strong.

GS

AWOL
Lemon Slice

Postby AWOL » June 17th, 2022, 10:11 am

I am not smart enough to trade anyway. I just invest and an overwhelmed by GoSeigen's posts. I also have a highly literal mind and don't get what people mean when they use modern idiom. Thanks guys.

vand
Lemon Slice

Postby vand » August 1st, 2022, 4:39 pm

AWOL wrote:I am not smart enough to trade anyway. I just invest and an overwhelmed by GoSeigen's posts. I also have a highly literal mind and don't get what people mean when they use modern idiom.

It's just a term. A way of saying that you should be long markets that are going up - ie trading with the trend.

Return to “Technical Analysis”