Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

The unambiguous predictions thread

Reading price charts which may give you direction in the market using established TA methodology
MrFoolish
Lemon Quarter

Re: The unambiguous predictions thread

Postby MrFoolish » December 29th, 2020, 7:52 am

GoSeigen wrote:
MrFoolish wrote:On the occasions that I look at this board, I never see any clear predictions.

It's always: IF this thing happens, THEN this other thing MIGHT happen.

In other words, it is always at least one step removed from making a prediction.

Now I don't expect predictions to always be correct and I understand the aim is to get it right more often than wrong.

But it would be nice to read an actual prediction once in a while! So I'll leave this thread open for any unambiguous predictions.

I'll be watching with interest. Thank-you.

If the OP had a genuine interest in this subject he might care to comment on the results of his exercise?

GS

The OP is more than happy to comment. I predicted a deal with the EU, a covid vaccine and the recovery of L&G and pub shares. Think I'll give those a tick. As for my prediction about the long term further decline in tobacco stocks then we'll have to wait and see - but my prediction stands.

Any more questions?

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Postby GoSeigen » December 29th, 2020, 10:51 am

MrFoolish wrote:
GoSeigen wrote:
MrFoolish wrote:On the occasions that I look at this board, I never see any clear predictions.

It's always: IF this thing happens, THEN this other thing MIGHT happen.

In other words, it is always at least one step removed from making a prediction.

Now I don't expect predictions to always be correct and I understand the aim is to get it right more often than wrong.

But it would be nice to read an actual prediction once in a while! So I'll leave this thread open for any unambiguous predictions.

I'll be watching with interest. Thank-you.

If the OP had a genuine interest in this subject he might care to comment on the results of his exercise?

GS

The OP is more than happy to comment. I predicted a deal with the EU, a covid vaccine and the recovery of L&G and pub shares. Think I'll give those a tick. As for my prediction about the long term further decline in tobacco stocks then we'll have to wait and see - but my prediction stands.

Any more questions?

Well, assuming you were interested in others' predictions: both MBSR and MBSP are now bid at 30p as can be seen in the pricing quoted at

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/stock/MBSP/manchester-building-society/company-page
and
https://www.londonstockexchange.com/stock/MBSR/manchester-building-society/company-page

so price target for the end of this year has been reached. Decent profit for any holders.

GS

MrFoolish
Lemon Quarter

Postby MrFoolish » December 29th, 2020, 11:00 am

GoSeigen wrote:Well, assuming you were interested in others' predictions: both MBSR and MBSP are now bid at 30p as can be seen in the pricing quoted at

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/stock/MBSP/manchester-building-society/company-page
and
https://www.londonstockexchange.com/stock/MBSR/manchester-building-society/company-page

so price target for the end of this year has been reached. Decent profit for any holders.
GS

That's good. Keep making the predictions.

Do you put this price rise down to momentum or was it the vaccine/trade deal effect? I don't know much about PIBS.

Return to “Technical Analysis”