Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Timing a couple of switches?

Closed-end funds and OEICs
Newroad
Lemon Quarter

Re: Timing a couple of switches?

Postby Newroad » August 15th, 2021, 10:28 pm

Hi Richfool.

I suspect you're more active in trading than me. I'm getting to the end of a couple of years of moving/rebalancing from concentrated 100% active equity portfolios to mixed ones. both in the sense of active/passive and equities/debt(bonds). My guess is other than topping up existing holdings, there'll now be less activity for some time.

I worry a bit less about the active side of the portfolio than you seem to - as I mentioned earlier, that's what I pay others to do. My job, as I see it, is to specify the ratio of the mixes in the portfolios (as mentioned above) and to make reasonable choices for the active components. Yes, there is some discretion (e.g. my desire not to hold LTIT and SMT as some level) but it's mostly about decent investment trusts (using Morningstar ratings as a filter) and avoiding holding the same ones between portfolios if possible - though temporarily due to the merger, I am now holding BIPS in two.

Regards, Newroad

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”