Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

City Of London (CTY)

Closed-end funds and OEICs
EverybodyKnows
2 Lemon pips

Re: City Of London (CTY)

Postby EverybodyKnows » September 24th, 2021, 8:31 am

Arborbridge wrote:
Actually, maybe I am wrong.

I love this - we should all consider the possibility a bit more often.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » September 24th, 2021, 8:38 am

EverybodyKnows wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:
Actually, maybe I am wrong.

I love this - we should all consider the possibility a bit more often.

Thanks. Sometimes admitting you are wrong is seen as a weakness - that infects our business and political life, unfortunately. Usually seen a leaving an open goal for the other fellow.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » September 24th, 2021, 8:40 am

monabri wrote:With Murray, there is also the added complication of the merger (?) with Perpetual ( PLI).

Yes, but that happened only quite recently. With regard to which, I notice my latest dividend is well down on what I would have expected from PLI - but then the changeover period has screwed things up, so I'm not worried until the landscape clears.

Arb.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » September 24th, 2021, 9:02 am

Arborbridge wrote:
monabri wrote:With Murray, there is also the added complication of the merger (?) with Perpetual ( PLI).

Yes, but that happened only quite recently. With regard to which, I notice my latest dividend is well down on what I would have expected from PLI - but then the changeover period has screwed things up, so I'm not worried until the landscape clears.

Arb.

Well you have had all the dividends you are going to get from PLI. As a previous shareholder in PLI you got your share of its revenue reserves did you not? I think we can only judge Murray Income from now or at least from its current year results. I prefer to hold it to City of London which iIthink is thoroughly over rated.

Dod

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » September 24th, 2021, 9:28 am

Dod101 wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:

Arb.

Well you have had all the dividends you are going to get from PLI. As a previous shareholder in PLI you got your share of its revenue reserves did you not? I think we can only judge Murray Income from now or at least from its current year results. I prefer to hold it to City of London which iIthink is thoroughly over rated.

Dod

I was commenting about the drop in income, and indeed mentioned that the changeover - which implicitely included a share of reserves - did complicate matters, which is exactly why I am not rushing to judgement. It'll be a while before I know whether my income is better or worse overall, than before the change. I'm happy enough with the merger so far, though I appreciate you, as a Murray Income holder, may not be.

Arb.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » September 24th, 2021, 10:59 am

Arborbridge wrote:
Dod101 wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:

Arb.

Dod

I was commenting about the drop in income, and indeed mentioned that the changeover - which implicitely included a share of reserves - did complicate matters, which is exactly why I am not rushing to judgement. It'll be a while before I know whether my income is better or worse overall, than before the change. I'm happy enough with the merger so far, though I appreciate you, as a Murray Income holder, may not be.

Arb.

Slightly off topic but no I am happy about the merger and indeed with the Annual Report to 30 June from Murray Income. The ongoing expenses ratio is down to 0.46% from 0.64% before the merger as a result of the increase in funds under management. Currently that is tyhe main benefit but it is a long term ongoing benefit which I applaud.

Dod

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » September 24th, 2021, 11:07 am

Dod101 wrote:
Slightly off topic but no I am happy about the merger and indeed with the Annual Report to 30 June from Murray Income. The ongoing expenses ratio is down to 0.46% from 0.64% before the merger as a result of the increase in funds under management. Currently that is tyhe main benefit but it is a long term ongoing benefit which I applaud.

Dod

Let's hope the great "bulk" helps all round. I'm happy to hold too.

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”