Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Greencoat UK Wind Dividend announcement

Closed-end funds and OEICs
lansdown

Greencoat UK Wind Dividend announcement

Postby lansdown » January 24th, 2022, 5:36 pm

GREENCOAT UK WIND PLC

(the "Company")
Net Asset Value and Dividend Announcement

Net Asset Value / Net Asset Value per share
£3,093.7 million / 133.5 pence

Dividend / Dividend per share
£41.6 million / 1.795 pence

The Company announces that its unaudited Net Asset Value as of 31 December 2021 is £3,093.7 million (133.5 pence per share).

The Company's December 2021 Factsheet is available on the Company's website, http://www.greencoat-ukwind.com.

The Company also announces a quarterly interim dividend of 1.795 pence per share with respect to the quarter ended 31 December 2021 and an increase in the target dividend for 2022 to 7.72 pence per share, increased in line with the Retail Prices Index for December 2021.

Dividend Timetable
Ex-dividend date 10 February 2022
Record date 11 February 2022
Payment date 25 February 2022

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: Greencoat UK Wind Dividend announcement

Postby Arborbridge » January 24th, 2022, 6:35 pm

lansdown wrote:GREENCOAT UK WIND PLC

(the "Company")
Net Asset Value and Dividend Announcement

Net Asset Value / Net Asset Value per share
£3,093.7 million / 133.5 pence

Dividend / Dividend per share
£41.6 million / 1.795 pence

The Company announces that its unaudited Net Asset Value as of 31 December 2021 is £3,093.7 million (133.5 pence per share).

The Company's December 2021 Factsheet is available on the Company's website, http://www.greencoat-ukwind.com.

The Company also announces a quarterly interim dividend of 1.795 pence per share with respect to the quarter ended 31 December 2021 and an increase in the target dividend for 2022 to 7.72 pence per share, increased in line with the Retail Prices Index for December 2021.

Dividend Timetable
Ex-dividend date 10 February 2022
Record date 11 February 2022
Payment date 25 February 2022

Next AJ BELL cheap dealing day? ...10th Feb :roll: Time to try buying xd.

funduffer
Lemon Quarter

Postby funduffer » January 27th, 2022, 9:10 am

Now that is what I like to see - no messing about, next year's dividend projected to increase by RPI, i.e. 7.5%.I doubt many other of my investments will see this type of rise being signalled.

They cannot be harmed by the extortionate rise in electricity prices either.

FD

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » January 27th, 2022, 10:51 am

funduffer wrote:

Now that is what I like to see - no messing about, next year's dividend projected to increase by RPI, i.e. 7.5%.I doubt many other of my investments will see this type of rise being signalled.

They cannot be harmed by the extortionate rise in electricity prices either.

FD

Well that's a curious way of putting it! As an electricity generator, they (or, more precisely, their investee companies) will directly benefit from the extortionate rise in electricity prices.

Their revenue, all else being equal, should have quadrupled, so why is the dividend up only by RPI? Especially as they say "The Company will retain exposure to UK power prices by entering into PPAs that avoid fixing price of power sold over the long term. The Company may enter into PPAs or hedging contracts that fix the price of electricity sold for short periods of time." * (PPA = Power Purchase Agreement).

Maybe their definition of "long term" and "short periods" is the answer. The annual report should be out soonish (late February) so we'll see what that has to say ...

* https://www.greencoat-ukwind.com/about-us/investment-policy

funduffer
Lemon Quarter

Postby funduffer » January 27th, 2022, 2:50 pm

mc2fool wrote:Well that's a curious way of putting it! As an electricity generator, they (or, more precisely, their investee companies) will directly benefit from the extortionate rise in electricity prices.

Their revenue, all else being equal, should have quadrupled, so why is the dividend up only by RPI? Especially as they say "The Company will retain exposure to UK power prices by entering into PPAs that avoid fixing price of power sold over the long term. The Company may enter into PPAs or hedging contracts that fix the price of electricity sold for short periods of time." * (PPA = Power Purchase Agreement).

Maybe their definition of "long term" and "short periods" is the answer. The annual report should be out soonish (late February) so we'll see what that has to say ...

* https://www.greencoat-ukwind.com/about-us/investment-policy

Yes sorry, I was rather cryptic, but you got the gist.

Yes electricity prices have rocketed, but maybe the lack of wind this winter has also been a factor.

As you say, annual report will be interesting.

I am not complaining though.

FD

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”