Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Keep it simple or expand?

Closed-end funds and OEICs
BrummieDave
Lemon Slice

Re: Keep it simple or expand?

Postby BrummieDave » February 15th, 2020, 12:13 pm

OllyDrod wrote: Great resource to dip in and out of on the commute.

- OllyDrod

Or when washing up on sundays, my regular time to play them.

Notable recent ones included an interview with the manager of Mercantile, one covering Illiquid Assets (which focused on Property amongst other things), and China. Always worth a listen, and very easy to follow.

spiderbill
Lemon Slice

Re: Keep it simple or expand?

Postby spiderbill » February 17th, 2020, 12:54 pm

OllyDrod wrote:Pleasure. Asset allocation has been weighing on my mind - more so as the number of voices forecasting the end of the bull market increases. Whether I've got it right is another matter entirely... Come back and let us know what you decide to do.

Yes of course.

OllyDrod wrote:Re: research, one of the best resources I've found for ITs is the excellent (and free) Investors Chronicle podcast. Their Friday edition is on personal finance and maybe 1 in 4 has some IT content. Among the most insightful are the interviews with managers - especially managers of funds-of-funds / funds-of-trusts (eg: Miton Global Opportunities, Unicorn MasterTrust). Only downside is the presenter's voice ("oookaaay" - you'll know when you hear it). I spent a long journey a while back going through the archive and saving the IT episodes. Great resource to dip in and out of on the commute.

Ah, wasn't aware of those - will have a dip in. Many thanks. (And thanks to itsallaguess for the link!)

Don't have a commute as I work from home, but I will be heading over to Slovenia again soon and will save some for that trip.

On this particular decision I took the simple route on Friday and went with doubling my holding in FCIT, but have started looking at some of the suggestions I've received in this thread and will also look at asset allocation in my broader strategy. I've decided to take the TFLS from my pensions in case I don't have the option later if I move to Slovenia permanently, so will need to find a home for that money at least for a while and the asset aspect really needs to be looked at before then.

Thanks again to everyone who's contributed.

cheers
Spiderbill

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”