Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Finding dividend info for funds

Closed-end funds and OEICs
Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Finding dividend info for funds

Postby Gerry557 » March 23rd, 2021, 10:29 am

Where is the best place to find the dividend information for funds. EG I have schroder-asian-income fund (GB00B559X853)

http://www.trustnet.com/factsheets/o/nn ... ian-income

Gives 1.763. Based on my holdings I calculated my expected dividend and the amount came in lower than expected.

http://www.fidelity.co.uk/factsheet-dat ... /dividends

Gives 0.012005 and this matches with my expected amount.

With shares, there is normally an RNS or announcement in the reports. I know funds do produce reports too but often covers so much other material or different holdings that its difficult to see the wood for the trees. The horses mouth should be the most accurate.

So how to you find the correct information easily.

Alaric
Lemon Half

Re: Finding dividend info for funds

Postby Alaric » March 23rd, 2021, 11:09 am

Gerry557 wrote:Where is the best place to find the dividend information for funds. EG I have schroder-asian-income fund (GB00B559X853)

There appear to be seven (!) classes of units.

Schroder Asian Income Z Acc
Schroder Asian Income Z Inc
Schroder Asian Income S
Schroder Asian Income L Inc
Schroder Asian Income A Inc
Schroder Asian Income A Acc
Schroder Asian Income L Acc

If you had found the dividend for a class of unit different to the one you hold, that could explain a discrepancy.

The FCA mandate a lot of disclose for unit trusts and OIECs. Useful information such as historic tables of dividends by unit class isn't amongst it.

I think one of the hidden advantages of holding assets as Investment Trusts rather than as OEICs/Unit Trusts is that there's usually only one class of share/unit and the Companies Act legislation that governs them and market practice means dividend history is easy to find.

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » March 23rd, 2021, 4:17 pm

Alaric wrote:
Gerry557 wrote:Where is the best place to find the dividend information for funds. EG I have schroder-asian-income fund (GB00B559X853)

There appear to be seven (!) classes of units.

Schroder Asian Income Z Acc
Schroder Asian Income Z Inc
Schroder Asian Income S
Schroder Asian Income L Inc
Schroder Asian Income A Inc
Schroder Asian Income A Acc
Schroder Asian Income L Acc

If you had found the dividend for a class of unit different to the one you hold, that could explain a discrepancy.

The FCA mandate a lot of disclose for unit trusts and OIECs. Useful information such as historic tables of dividends by unit class isn't amongst it.

I think one of the hidden advantages of holding assets as Investment Trusts rather than as OEICs/Unit Trusts is that there's usually only one class of share/unit and the Companies Act legislation that governs them and market practice means dividend history is easy to find.

The links both go to the Z inc versions but amounts differ, so not a different class issue. Hence the question about accuracy and convenience. I used an inaccurate version to do may expected income calculation. I want to avoid this mistake in the future.

Thanks for the reply though.

nmdhqbc
Lemon Slice

Postby nmdhqbc » March 23rd, 2021, 4:22 pm

Gerry557 wrote:The links both go to the Z inc versions but amounts differ, so not a different class issue.

the first link goes to the Z Acc unit.

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”