Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Divergence

Closed-end funds and OEICs
UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Divergence

Postby UncleEbenezer » July 20th, 2021, 8:09 pm

Half-year report from Herald IT, in which I have a modest holding. It demonstrates changing sentiment over the reporting period (Jan-Jun).

NAV: +14%
Price: -2.9%

They attribute that to the change in sentiment: the rush away from growth and into value. Could be a buying opportunity for folks looking for an alternative to SMT in tech/media growth stocks.

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Re: Divergence

Postby scotia » July 21st, 2021, 10:34 am

UncleEbenezer wrote:Half-year report from Herald IT, in which I have a modest holding. It demonstrates changing sentiment over the reporting period (Jan-Jun).

NAV: +14%
Price: -2.9%

They attribute that to the change in sentiment: the rush away from growth and into value. Could be a buying opportunity for folks looking for an alternative to SMT in tech/media growth stocks.

There's an alternative reason - I bought shares in April, and I'm still 2% down - even with the 2% rise in the share price today.
Maybe word got out about my poor share selection record, and other investors fled. :)

Its an upsy-downsy world - in the fact sheet of 30th June 2021, the Year to Date share price is -2.9%, but the full year share price is +41.9%

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”