Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

AIC data and news alert function - New

Closed-end funds and OEICs
DavidM13
Lemon Slice

AIC data and news alert function - New

Postby DavidM13 » October 5th, 2021, 2:19 pm

Launched today for anyone interested. https://www.theaic.co.uk/notifications

You can configure to get an email when a certain event happens. e.g. A company you are interested in hitting a certain share price, or discount, or bringing out a new dividend or annual report. Can also get notifications of stock exchange announcements.

Maximum of one email per day if you sign up to it as it contains links to all alerts and announcements that are triggered that day.

Happy to listen to any feedback. Cannot promise any wishes are fulfilled as we are beholden to what data we receive and the structure we receive it in but can promise to consider it.

swill453
Lemon Half

Re: AIC data and news alert function - New

Postby swill453 » October 5th, 2021, 2:37 pm

Looks interesting. Can it be made easier to get notifications from shares you hold in a portfolio?

Scott.

DavidM13
Lemon Slice

Postby DavidM13 » October 5th, 2021, 3:07 pm

swill453 wrote:Looks interesting. Can it be made easier to get notifications from shares you hold in a portfolio?

Scott.

I am sorry Scott, I don't entirely understand the question. Are you saying if you have already set up a "Watchlist", or "Income Builder Portfolio" then it made simpler to link them all up within one user dashboard rather than setting up separate portfolios for each? If so, that is definitely a sensible move and one that is already on the radar but due to the way the tools have evolved over the years it is not a simple modification and is likely quite a way off still.

If you mean something else please do let me know.

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » October 5th, 2021, 3:41 pm

DavidM13 wrote:Are you saying if you have already set up a "Watchlist", or "Income Builder Portfolio" then it made simpler to link them all up within one user dashboard rather than setting up separate portfolios for each?

Yes that, sorry if it wasn't clear. I was thinking the "Add Notification" page could allow you to select a company from an existing portfolio.

Scott.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » October 5th, 2021, 3:42 pm

My god, you're a mind reader! :o I was just thinking earlier today that it'd be great to be able to get a notification when an IT's premium/discount goes below a certain level....

One suggestion: make the Add Notification Company input field as per the Name/TIDM Search field on the AIC home page and elsewhere, so one can use TIDMs as well as names.

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”