Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

BGSC (BMO smaller cap)

Closed-end funds and OEICs
1nvest
Lemon Quarter

BGSC (BMO smaller cap)

Postby 1nvest » December 19th, 2021, 3:28 pm

Incentivised by viewtopic.php?p=467270#p467270 I dug out BMO's BGSC figures and ran comparisons against both VISVX (a US small cap value ETF that isn't really accessible to UK investors anymore), and the FTSE250 which is small in US scale, has around 50%+ of earnings foreign sourced and includes around 50 Investment Trusts.

The comparisons I see ...

Broadly pretty similar IMO.

Elsewhere I've noted that FT250 has broadly compared to HYP1 and TJH HYP, which in underweighting the largest cap might also be considered as smaller cap value tilted.

Each have their pros/cons. IT's can use gearing/etc. active management, but where broadly the rewards that might bring are eaten by costs. BGSC also seems to hold other IT's so multi-layers of costs involved. A nice aspect however is that BMO provide savings plans such as for FCIT and you might even have the holdings converted into certificated form and avoid brokerage/platform fees altogether. Being able to at times buy at a discount to NAV (sell/rotate at a premium to NAV) could also enhance rewards.

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”