Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Aberdeen Asian Income Fund (AAIF) - name change / tax residency

Closed-end funds and OEICs
monabri
Lemon Half

Aberdeen Asian Income Fund (AAIF) - name change / tax residency

Postby monabri » December 25th, 2021, 11:33 pm

https://www.investegate.co.uk/aberdeen- ... 57131087L/

Old name: Aberdeen Asian Income Fund Limited
New name: abrdn Asian Income Fund Limited
Effective date: 1st January 2022

And

"with effect from 1 January 2022, the Company intends to become tax resident in the United Kingdom and join the United Kingdom's investment trust regime'

Myfyr
2 Lemon pips

Re: Aberdeen Asian Income Fund (AAIF) - name change / tax residency

Postby Myfyr » December 27th, 2021, 10:18 am

monabri wrote:https://www.investegate.co.uk/aberdeen-asian-incfd/rns/result-of-egm/202109080957131087L/

Old name: Aberdeen Asian Income Fund Limited
New name: abrdn Asian Income Fund Limited
Effective date: 1st January 2022

And

"with effect from 1 January 2022, the Company intends to become tax resident in the United Kingdom and join the United Kingdom's investment trust regime'

Do they mean jn th K nvstmnt trust rgm? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » December 28th, 2021, 6:55 am

AAIF was on my Watchlist along with SOI to complement a HFEL holding.

The stupid name change puts me off, to think I was going to move my Standard Life shares partly based on its stupid name change and general poor performance.

I suppose I shouldn't be so shallow, wanting capitals and vowels. I've heard a rumour they might buy the AA. and rename it .

mike
Lemon Slice

Postby mike » December 28th, 2021, 9:51 am

Gerry557 wrote:AAIF was on my Watchlist along with SOI to complement a HFEL holding.

The stupid name change puts me off, to think I was going to move my Standard Life shares partly based on its stupid name change and general poor performance.

I suppose I shouldn't be so shallow, wanting capitals and vowels. I've heard a rumour they might buy the AA. and rename it .

I was in the same situation a couple of years back and plumped for SOI due to their superior dividend increase rate.

Their 5 year dividend CAGRs up to their FYs ending in 2019 were 5.6% for SOI and 2.4% for AAIF.

Then the pandemic came along, and as the two have different FY endings, it would be unfair to consider on pure FY year terms.

So for SOI
FY ending Aug 2020 - increase of 2.0%
FY ending Aug 2021 - increase of 1.9%

And for AAIF
FY ending Dec 2020 - increase of 0.5%
FY ending Dec 2021 - not yet declared, but the 3 quarterlies to date match those last year and they stated with Q3 dividend "In light of an improving trend for dividend receipts from portfolio companies in 2021 and in the absence of unforeseen circumstances, the Board will aim to at least maintain the level of dividend paid to shareholders in respect of the year ending 31 December 2021 compared with the prior year. A decision in respect of the level of the fourth interim dividend, including the extent to which any revenue reserves may be used, will be taken at the time of the declaration of the fourth interim dividend in January 2022."

At the moment, let's just say I am happy with my SOI choice over AAIF (it gives me a bit under 7% of my total portfolio income, HFEL giving about 11%.)

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”