Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

James Anderson

Closed-end funds and OEICs
Dod101
The full Lemon

James Anderson

Postby Dod101 » April 28th, 2022, 2:54 pm

...retires tomorrow as a partner of Baillie Gifford and as manager of Scottish Mortgage. I guess any of us invested in Scottish Mortgage owe him rather a lot and so I will on behalf of us all wish him a happy retirement.

In the current Trust magazine of Baillie Gifford there is a report of a chat between him and the deputy manager of SMT, Lawrence Burns. (Tom Slater currently shares the manager job with James Anderson.)

Amongst other interesting comments was what they see as things common to all successful leaders of companies that they invest in.

Firstly, independence of mind and the ability to go against the crowd.

Secondly, a desire to keep learning from a diverse range of sources (I guess this is the well known intellectual curiosity)

Thirdly, a permanent state of dissatisfaction. Always searching for more.

Very interesting and I imagine it will be on the BG website, if not now, before long.

Dod

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: James Anderson

Postby Itsallaguess » April 28th, 2022, 3:03 pm

Dod101 wrote:
In the current Trust magazine of Baillie Gifford there is a report of a chat between him and the deputy manager of SMT, Lawrence Burns. (Tom Slater currently shares the manager job with James Anderson.)

Amongst other interesting comments was what they see as things common to all successful leaders of companies that they invest in.

Secondly, a desire to keep learning from a diverse range of sources (I guess this is the well known intellectual curiosity)

Very interesting and I imagine it will be on the BG website, if not now, before long.

There's a link to the interview here Dod -

The Difficulty of Imagining -

How can investment managers imagine the future and adapt to a fast-changing world?

James Anderson, joint manager of Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust, shares some parting thoughts with deputy manager Lawrence Burns -

https://magazinebailliegifford.com/trust44/the-difficultly-of-imagining/

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: James Anderson

Postby Dod101 » April 28th, 2022, 3:05 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:
Dod101 wrote:

There's a link to the interview here Dod -

The Difficulty of Imagining -

How can investment managers imagine the future and adapt to a fast-changing world?

James Anderson, joint manager of Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust, shares some parting thoughts with deputy manager Lawrence Burns -

https://magazinebailliegifford.com/trust44/the-difficultly-of-imagining/

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Thanks IAAG. I am simply no good at finding these links. As I said well worth a read.

Dod

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”