Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Crystal Amber Fund - opportunity?

Closed-end funds and OEICs
BullDog
Lemon Quarter

Crystal Amber Fund - opportunity?

Postby BullDog » July 8th, 2022, 9:35 am

The Crystal Amber fund, an investment trust listed in Guernsey might be looking attractive in the short to medium term? It goes ex dividend next week for a 10p dividend payment on a share price of around 119p. The trust is being wound up between now and sometime in 2023. With a discount to net asset value around 25% or so, there could be an opportunity to buy into the trust quite profitably as it runs down. I am off to read recent company documents and press releases. Curious if anyone else here who is more knowledgeable than I and might have a view on buying Crystal Amber shares? Thanks.

Jam1

Re: Crystal Amber Fund - opportunity?

Postby Jam1 » July 10th, 2022, 4:55 pm

No experience of this IT Bulldog, but there are reasons for this discount one presumes: only 5 holdings remain (albeit there are also holdings within Allied Minds), so not diversified, Allied Minds holds unquoted shareholdings so illiquid, GI Dynamics Board was replaced and shares delisted, tensions with Hurricane’s Board and that of Allied Minds. I only looked at end June 2021 FY information, rather than digging through individual organisational news items. Enough to put me off.
Jam (Tomorrow)

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”