Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

abrdn IT Savings Plan closing

Closed-end funds and OEICs
XFool
The full Lemon

Re: abrdn IT Savings Plan closing

Postby XFool » January 6th, 2024, 5:48 pm

I have heard nothing more. Has anyone else who is not transferring to ii heard anything?

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » January 25th, 2024, 11:16 pm

Oh dear! Received an email this evening from Interactive Investor.

"Your quarterly statement is ready to view online
There is no action required- your statement is for information
"

I don't want an ii online account and indeed have no information relating to any such account. This is not going well...

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » January 26th, 2024, 7:52 am

XFool wrote:Oh dear! Received an email this evening from Interactive Investor.

"Your quarterly statement is ready to view online
There is no action required- your statement is for information
"

I don't want an ii online account and indeed have no information relating to any such account. This is not going well...

I suspect that as you have indicated you asked abrdn to sell too late in the day and that their default option had already been implemented. ii is a good platform but if you do not want it it looks as if you will have to sell your holdings on its platform and extract the funds. Easy enough to do.

Dod

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » January 26th, 2024, 5:52 pm

HillManMill wrote:Well I decided to go with the abrdn's default transfer and migrated to ii. My portfolio was uploaded on Sunday. Today I took a tour of my account.

Out of interest, how were you sent your ii account logon details? Assuming you did not already have an active ii account.

HillManMill
Lemon Pip

Postby HillManMill » February 3rd, 2024, 9:02 pm

@xfool - Apologies I have only just notice the last post on this thread. Apologies too regarding my reply. I can no longer reliably recall the steps I took. My recollection is that, as I was not already a holder, I first set up an ii account and then the Aberdeen portfolio was transfered across in some way.

Initially I struggled with the ii account. This was because I had laid out my tracking spreadsheets to suit import of the .csv downloads I had been getting from Aberdeen. I have now updated the sheets to handle the data formats from the ii exports. Compared to similar downloads from both HL and AJB the ii downloads are more basic but I have now thought through ways of viewing the ii downloads in my spreadsheets. Overall I am now starting to quite like the ii platform it has its quirks but it just a case of understanding a new system really. I also like that my investments now do not need to be confined to Aberdeen run ITs

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » February 4th, 2024, 10:26 am

HillManMill wrote:@xfool - Apologies I have only just notice the last post on this thread. Apologies too regarding my reply. I can no longer reliably recall the steps I took. My recollection is that, as I was not already a holder, I first set up an ii account and then the Aberdeen portfolio was transfered across in some way.

Thanks HillManMill.

The situation is that my late sell instruction via the online abrdn IT account, when it was still open, was ignored and the account transferred over to ii. The first I knew of this was when I received an email from ii saying my statement was available in my online ii account, which I had received no information about. Obviously I couldn't log on to this account so phoned ii about it, seemingly an email can be used as a username and I eventually logged on through their site via the new abrd user route.

I don't feel I need another broker account so expect to sell up in time and then close the account. Mind your, after languishing for some time my sole holding, NAIT, is currently on the rise. I understand there are no account charges to abrdn customers for the first 6 months.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » February 9th, 2024, 2:18 pm

Have just sold all of my abdrn IT holdings (NAIT) on ii, prior to transferring the cash out and closing the account.

I can't feel sorry to see the back of ii, a very complicated and confusing platform. Nothing like I am used to; certainly not for me.

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”