Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6, for Donating to support the site

RMII - Wind down

Closed-end funds and OEICs
gnawsome
Lemon Slice

RMII - Wind down

Postby gnawsome » December 7th, 2023, 1:09 pm

It seems as tho' RMII (RM Infrastructure Income) are winding down (up) because they are not attractive as a whole. I suppose this because of high interest rates and am wondering whether to hold on thro' the winding down in the hope that if interest rates recede the value of the remaining parts will realise a better price. Interested to hear any views...

airbus330
Lemon Slice

Re: RMII - Wind down

Postby airbus330 » December 9th, 2023, 12:02 am

I'm in the same boat with this one, I reduced but still have some left slightly underwater. Reading the recent RNS seemed to indicate that much of the portfolio will be sold quite quickly. I suspect that interest rate tailwinds might be too slow to improve the sales. Its a gamble, but I'm going to stick it out with fingers crossed. Probably wrong, again

JohnW
Lemon Slice

Postby JohnW » December 9th, 2023, 3:28 am

‘wondering whether to hold on thro' the winding down in the hope’

This is the right time to consult your investing notes, relating to your purchase, to see where this investment fits into your overall investing philosophy and strategy. If there were sound reasons to buy it I’m not sure one should off-load it on a ‘it seems as tho’.
Experiencing losses and disappointment with one of your choices is a pain, but emotion driven decision making with investing is probably not the best approach.

JohnW
Lemon Slice

Postby JohnW » December 9th, 2023, 3:30 am

‘wondering whether to hold on thro' the winding down in the hope’

This is the right time to consult your investing notes, relating to your purchase, to see where this investment fits into your overall investing philosophy and strategy. If there were sound reasons to buy it I’m not sure one should off-load it on a ‘it seems as tho’.
Experiencing losses and disappointment with one of your choices is a pain, but emotion driven decision making with investing, if that’s what you’re contemplating, is probably not the best approach.

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”