Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Asia Pacific ETF that includes Japan

Index tracking funds and ETFs
richfool
Lemon Quarter

Asia Pacific ETF that includes Japan

Postby richfool » January 14th, 2021, 11:05 am

I am aware of VAPX the Asia Pacific ETF that excludes Japan, and of VJPN - Japan only, but does anyone know, is there an ETF that includes both, i.e. Asia Pacific including Japan?

OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Re: Asia Pacific ETF that includes Japan

Postby OLTB » January 14th, 2021, 12:14 pm

richfool wrote:I am aware of VAPX the Asia Pacific ETF that excludes Japan, and of VJPN - Japan only, but does anyone know, is there an ETF that includes both, i.e. Asia Pacific including Japan?

Hi richfool

There's this one which has a cheeky ticker symbol https://investor.vanguard.com/etf/profile/VPL but I don't know if it gives you as much diversity as you are looking for.

Cheers, OLTB.

snagga

Postby snagga » January 14th, 2021, 12:14 pm

I would suggest going to justetf.com, click on the ETF screener, then select Equities - Regiion - Asia Pacific. A long list comes up. Many are explicitly ex Japan but some aren't. If you click on ones of the latter type, you should be able to find what its underlying index is.

snagga

Postby snagga » January 14th, 2021, 12:25 pm

There's this one which has a cheeky ticker symbol https://investor.vanguard.com/etf/profile/VPL but I don't know if it gives you as much diversity as you are looking for.

Unfortunately this is listed in New York and can no longer be bought by retail investors through UK or EU brokers because of the PRIIPs/KIIDs rules.

Return to “Passive Investing”