Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Lithium or Battery technology ETF

Index tracking funds and ETFs
shaddickp

Lithium or Battery technology ETF

Postby shaddickp » February 22nd, 2021, 11:04 am

Hi

I would like to buy into a Lithium or Battery Technology or Electric Vehicle ETF. Unfortunately the ones I would be interested in (BATT and LIT) are not available on my SIPP platform (Hargreaves) as they do not publish a KID (they are listed on the NYSE).
Does anyone know of any UK (British Isles) or European based ETF covering either of the above areas.
I don't wish to really invest in a mining based ETF, but would prefer to focus on the component elements for batteries or battery technology or an electric vehicle focused ETF.

Thanks

Paul

spasmodicus
Lemon Slice

Re: Lithium or Battery technology ETF

Postby spasmodicus » February 22nd, 2021, 2:32 pm

shaddickp wrote:Hi

I would like to buy into a Lithium or Battery Technology or Electric Vehicle ETF. Unfortunately the ones I would be interested in (BATT and LIT) are not available on my SIPP platform (Hargreaves) as they do not publish a KID (they are listed on the NYSE).
Does anyone know of any UK (British Isles) or European based ETF covering either of the above areas.
I don't wish to really invest in a mining based ETF, but would prefer to focus on the component elements for batteries or battery technology or an electric vehicle focused ETF.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,
I was looking at the same thing recently and came across Legal and General's BATG "Battery Supply Chain" ETF. Superficially, it looks good and is at least listed by HL Its price has almost doubled in the last year, however closer inspection reveals that its biggest component (6.2%) is TSLA, which has increased four fold over the same period, so a lot of BATG's success may be attributed to that alone. In the end I decided against it, having enough exposure to TSLA through other holdings.
regards,
S

dspp
Lemon Half

Re: Lithium or Battery technology ETF

Postby dspp » February 22nd, 2021, 6:54 pm

shaddickp wrote:Hi

Thanks

Paul

I have the same purchasing KID conundrum re Barrons BPTRX and ARK.X. Anyway you may find some of the stuff in the Energy board helpful, specifically on the storage thread (viewtopic.php?p=388868#p388868). Per my latest you may find nickel and cobalt funds a better bet than lithiums. I'm highly unsure that lithium has the same constraint issues a snickel & cobalt, just imho.

regards, dspp

Return to “Passive Investing”