Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Acc Developed World Index tracker on I-Web

Index tracking funds and ETFs
JohnB
Lemon Quarter

Acc Developed World Index tracker on I-Web

Postby JohnB » March 30th, 2021, 4:56 pm

I want to open an I-web ISA for Mum and invest in a All Developed world ETF, ACC for convenience. I picked the 0.12% VHVG but I-web don't support it, only the 0.12% INC VEVE, and we'd have to do dividend reinvestment which is inconvenient. Are there are other similarly cheap ETFs that are ACC that I can check on I-web. Searching on their research page doesn't come up with any candidates.

She will also want something similar non-ISA, and reinvestment is certainly out for that, as the CGT is horrid to calculate.
Last edited by JohnB on March 30th, 2021, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swill453
Lemon Half

Re: Acc Developed World Index tracker on I-Web

Postby swill453 » March 30th, 2021, 5:02 pm

Is VHVG very different from VWRP (all-world accumulator)? The major holdings look quite similar.

Scott.

JohnB
Lemon Quarter

Postby JohnB » March 30th, 2021, 5:06 pm

VWRP, which I guess is the ACC VWRL, charges 0.22%. I explained to Mum she doesn't want to pay 0.1% more to get the emerging 10% of the market. Simple is good for Mum.

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » March 30th, 2021, 5:20 pm

JohnB wrote:VWRP, which I guess is the ACC VWRL, charges 0.22%. I explained to Mum she doesn't want to pay 0.1% more to get the emerging 10% of the market. Simple is good for Mum.

She might want to pay 0.1% to avoid having to reinvest the dividends though :-)

Scott.

paulnumbers
Lemon Slice

Postby paulnumbers » March 30th, 2021, 5:31 pm

swill453 wrote:
JohnB wrote:VWRP, which I guess is the ACC VWRL, charges 0.22%. I explained to Mum she doesn't want to pay 0.1% more to get the emerging 10% of the market. Simple is good for Mum.

She might want to pay 0.1% to avoid having to reinvest the dividends though :-)

Scott.

Also, VHVG has a spread of 0.22% vs 0.13% for VEVE, admittedly only a one off cost.

I'm a similar position to OP, moving from Vanguard > Fidelity for my SIPP, converting to ETF's before the move.

Would have gone for 90% VHGV & 10% VFEG, but Vanguard broker don't support them! So it will be 90% VEVE & 10% VFEM, and I'll just have to deal with the inconvenience and cost of mopping up the dividends via their regular saver (£1.50 a month I think)

nmdhqbc
Lemon Slice

Postby nmdhqbc » March 30th, 2021, 5:51 pm

open ended funds tend to have more accumulation options. seems like this is the best one on iWeb. 0.12% fees and iWeb is the same £5 fee for buying the fund and zero % charge.
https://www.markets.iweb-sharedealing.c ... 00BJS8SJ34

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » March 30th, 2021, 9:08 pm

JohnB wrote:I want to open an I-web ISA for Mum and invest in a All Developed world ETF, ACC for convenience. I picked the 0.12% VHVG but I-web don't support it...

Ask them to include it. It may take a couple of times round to get past the front line flunkies, but don't take no for an answer. Tell them the TIDM (VHVG), the SEDOL and the ISIN. Don't mention VEVE, it'll only confuse them! If you don't seem to be getting anywhere, raise it to a formal complaint.

A couple of years back I got them to include MINV, the GBP class of the iShares Edge MSCI World Minimum Volatility ETF (they only had the USD class, MVOL, available). It took a few times round, so be persistent. ;)

Genghis

Postby Genghis » March 31st, 2021, 11:30 am

How about HSBC FTSE All world C OEIC for Developed and EM?
0CF of 0.13% + 0.04% transaction costs?

nmdhqbc
Lemon Slice

Postby nmdhqbc » March 31st, 2021, 12:12 pm

Genghis wrote:How about HSBC FTSE All world C OEIC for Developed and EM?

This did not come up when i searched on iweb's "Global investment search" linked below. even when i changed the search from "world" to "All-World". Seems like this search can not be trusted because if i go to the second link "Fund Centre" and select provider as HSBC the fund appears in the list with the word "world" in the name. So it seems that we need to find a reliable exhaustive fund info website and then go looking for the ones we like on iWeb by provider to make sure we don't miss any.

https://www.markets.iweb-sharedealing.c ... es-centre/
https://www.markets.iweb-sharedealing.c ... ds-centre/

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » March 31st, 2021, 1:02 pm

nmdhqbc wrote:
Genghis wrote:How about HSBC FTSE All world C OEIC for Developed and EM?

This did not come up when i searched on iweb's "Global investment search" linked below. even when i changed the search from "world" to "All-World". Seems like this search can not be trusted because if i go to the second link "Fund Centre" and select provider as HSBC the fund appears in the list with the word "world" in the name. So it seems that we need to find a reliable exhaustive fund info website and then go looking for the ones we like on iWeb by provider to make sure we don't miss any.

https://www.markets.iweb-sharedealing.c ... es-centre/
https://www.markets.iweb-sharedealing.c ... ds-centre/

The first link works for me. As I type in "hsbc ftse all" after each character it offers a bunch of suggestions and when I enter the final "l" both the acc and inc classes of the fund appear (although at any time before that you can follow the "See More" link and it'll be in the resulting page).

nmdhqbc
Lemon Slice

Postby nmdhqbc » March 31st, 2021, 1:34 pm

mc2fool wrote:The first link works for me. As I type in "hsbc ftse all" after each character it offers a bunch of suggestions and when I enter the final "l" both the acc and inc classes of the fund appear (although at any time before that you can follow the "See More" link and it'll be in the resulting page).

that's because you knew with hindsight what to search for. when looking for a world tracker without knowing the name of it "world" would be a good string to search for and this does not get the result. seems like some terms work and others don't even though "world" is in the name. if you were looking for a world tracker and wanted to see the options i don't think you'd put in your "hsbc ftse all" search would you?

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » March 31st, 2021, 3:27 pm

nmdhqbc wrote:
mc2fool wrote:The first link works for me. As I type in "hsbc ftse all" after each character it offers a bunch of suggestions and when I enter the final "l" both the acc and inc classes of the fund appear (although at any time before that you can follow the "See More" link and it'll be in the resulting page).

that's because you knew with hindsight what to search for. when looking for a world tracker without knowing the name of it "world" would be a good string to search for and this does not get the result. seems like some terms work and others don't even though "world" is in the name. if you were looking for a world tracker and wanted to see the options i don't think you'd put in your "hsbc ftse all" search would you?

Ah, I see. When you said it didn't come up I thought you meant in a specific search for it, trying HSBC FTSE All World etc and HSBC FTSE All-World ...

Yeah, it doesn't appear on just world or all world for me either. :D

Return to “Passive Investing”