Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Platform which provides access to Amundi Prime Global ETF

Index tracking funds and ETFs
RossP

Platform which provides access to Amundi Prime Global ETF

Postby RossP » June 14th, 2021, 10:14 am

Hey everyone,

I have a S&S ISA with iWeb in which I have about £100k in a Fidelity 'All World' Acc P which has an ongoing charge of 0.12%. Recently however I was perusing the Monevator list of cheap ETFs etc and noted that Amundi Prime Global ETF does much the same thing with an ongoing charge of 0.05%. It seemed sensible to make the switch for the £10 dealing charges and my longish investment horizon (30 odd years to retirement yet). It seems that iWeb don't offer that, which is a shame.

Given the total value of my ISA is a fair bit above the FCSC compensation limit, I thought it might be worth opening another ISA with a different platform which would allow my to buy into the cheaper tracker. I've struggled to get much further though for a couple of reasons:

- It feels like no other broker compares to iWeb's offering of £5 per trade and no ongoing charges!
- I can't find an easy way to check which platforms will allow me to buy into the Amundi Prime Global ETF.

Can anyone here help from their personal experience?

A bit of a bonus question:
- If I opened an iWeb ISA account in my wife's name (she doesn't have an ISA at all at the moment), would that be treated by the FCSC compensation as two different pots of money?

Cheers,
Ross

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Platform which provides access to Amundi Prime Global ETF

Postby Itsallaguess » June 14th, 2021, 10:28 am

RossP wrote:
- I can't find an easy way to check which platforms will allow me to buy into the Amundi Prime Global ETF.

Can anyone here help from their personal experience?

I've just had a quick look in both my AJ Bell and Interactive Investor accounts, and it looks like the following Amundi Prime Global ETF's are available to trade in both -

Source - https://www.youinvest.co.uk/

Please note that I only went as far as carrying out a search on the trading screens, and then seeing all three of the above results being returned in both accounts, but hopefully this at least gives you two potential routes to success where you can contact both AJ Bell and Interactive Investor to confirm the above, and that they would be available to trade for you if you were to proceed with one of those as an option....

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » June 14th, 2021, 10:38 am

RossP wrote:It seems that iWeb don't offer that, which is a shame.

Have you tried asking them to do so? I've managed to get them to include an ETF they didn't before ... although it did take a few times round, to get past the front line computer-says-no flunkies. ;)

RossP wrote:If I opened an iWeb ISA account in my wife's name (she doesn't have an ISA at all at the moment), would that be treated by the FCSC compensation as two different pots of money?

Yes.

GeoffF100
Lemon Quarter

Postby GeoffF100 » June 14th, 2021, 1:26 pm

Check the tracking error. These apparently cheap funds sometimes have hidden costs. Vanguard usually does what it says on the tin. The Fidelity fund is developed world only, by the way.

torata
Lemon Slice

Postby torata » June 15th, 2021, 12:48 am

Is it a synthetic ETF? (I didn't check)
That would account for it being much cheaper.
Personally, I don't buy synthetics.

torata

genou
Lemon Quarter

Postby genou » June 15th, 2021, 11:00 am

torata wrote:Is it a synthetic ETF? (I didn't check)
That would account for it being much cheaper.
Personally, I don't buy synthetics.

torata

According to its prospectus, it's physical. I haven't linked to it directly as the link launches a PDF download. Main page is

https://www.amundietf.co.uk/retail/prod ... 1931974692

I'd want to do a bit more study of the index it tracks, as I have never heard of it. But it is cheap.

Return to “Passive Investing”