Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to uspaul666,WrongLicence388,CryptoPlankton,Anonymous,Instep, for Donating to support the site

ADrunkenMarcus' 'Dividend Growth Portfolio'.

A helpful place to also put any annual reports etc, of your own portfolios
ADrunkenMarcus
Lemon Slice

Re: ADrunkenMarcus' 'Dividend Growth Portfolio'.

Postby ADrunkenMarcus » October 6th, 2020, 8:34 am

Good news (potentially) on the dividend front from Victrex.

It looks like my only cancelled dividends this year will be from Standard Chartered and Renishaw.

Dividends
The capital requirements for our UK debottlenecking and China manufacturing subsidiary, as well as our usual ongoing maintenance capital expenditure, are likely to be in excess of £50m in FY 2021. These requirements will be covered by our cash generation and, in the light of a healthy net cash position, the Board expects to reinstate a dividend for FY 2020.

Best wishes

Mark

Dod101
Lemon Half

Postby Dod101 » October 6th, 2020, 8:43 am

ADrunkenMarcus wrote:Good news (potentially) on the dividend front from Victrex.

It looks like my only cancelled dividends this year will be from Standard Chartered and Renishaw.

Dividends
The capital requirements for our UK debottlenecking and China manufacturing subsidiary, as well as our usual ongoing maintenance capital expenditure, are likely to be in excess of £50m in FY 2021. These requirements will be covered by our cash generation and, in the light of a healthy net cash position, the Board expects to reinstate a dividend for FY 2020.

Best wishes

Mark

What on earth does debottlenecking mean?

Dod

monabri
Lemon Quarter

Postby monabri » October 6th, 2020, 9:17 am

Dod101 wrote:
ADrunkenMarcus wrote:Good news (potentially) on the dividend front from Victrex.

Dividends

Best wishes

Mark

Dod

viewtopic.php?p=308065#p308065

Dod101
Lemon Half

Postby Dod101 » October 6th, 2020, 9:32 am

monabri wrote:
Dod101 wrote:

Best wishes

Mark

Dod

viewtopic.php?p=308065#p308065

Thank you. Not really much wiser and it is not important to me.

Dod

monabri
Lemon Quarter

Postby monabri » October 6th, 2020, 11:37 am

Not to be confused with another form of " debottlenecking " (sabrage)!

https://youtu.be/cupnnTpHOGA

ADrunkenMarcus
Lemon Slice

Postby ADrunkenMarcus » November 18th, 2020, 7:40 pm

Diploma's full year results confirmed they'll pay a 30p dividend in late January 2021. This final dividend represents the entire year's dividend for 2020 and reflects a 3.4 percent increase on the 29p paid in 2019 - above inflation, even if it is the slowest rate of dividend growth since 2009.

This has been a longstanding holding for me and a pleasing one, showing a total return (simply adding up the dividends per share and the capital gain per share) of over 450 percent since November 2012.

I was interested in their comments about the Windy City Wire acquisition and forecasts for turnover, earnings, dividends and cashflows are being nudged upwards. The balance sheet is strong and the dividend is forecast to reach 39p a share by 2023 on the basis of annual dividend increases returning to the high single and low double digits we've seen over recent years. Leaving aside future projections/guesses, it has a 2.7 percent free cash flow yield as of today and a resilient record.

Victrex's results are due in December 2020 and we'll see whether it pays a dividend for this year. I'm guessing it'll pay a final, perhaps as Diploma did to account for the entire year. Other than that, as I indicated before, my only 'cutters' look to be Standard Chartered and Renishaw, which both eliminated their dividends entirely. My dividend stream has held up pretty well.

Best wishes

Mark.

Return to “Portfolio Management & Review”