Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Advice about cheapest way of managing my small HYP portfolio

A helpful place to also put any annual reports etc, of your own portfolios
DanUK

Re: Advice about cheapest way of managing my small HYP portfolio

Postby DanUK » August 18th, 2022, 9:40 pm

...it was in the ii account #embarrassed

Ignorance on my part, sorry. I guess this is why ii keep the account open for 6 weeks (I think) before they properly close it although I can see some ex divi dates are greater than 6 weeks of the payment date so I may have issues after the account is properly closed.I would guess this is a common scenario though and ii will pass it on.

seagles
Lemon Slice

Postby seagles » August 19th, 2022, 8:23 am

DanUK wrote:HI everyone, I successfully opened up an ISA account with Iweb and my shares have transferred over. Thanks for the heads up on the £50 offer, seems I got in at the right time!

One thing I've noticed is that as of today (17th August) my 'held for a few years now' National Grid shares don't seem to have given me the dividend I should have got today...is there a delay with Iweb? Normally ii would show them on the day they were due so I'm not sure if Iweb is somehow 'different'?! On that note, I hope this isn't something I'm meant to 'chase up or lose' is it, I've got better things to do, lol

Dan

Just to let you know iWeb have, in recent years, been a day or so after dividend date before the amount appears. Not always but consistently. For instance BAT this week appeared the day after.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » August 19th, 2022, 8:58 am

I've both an ii and an iWeb account ( as does Mrs M).

My experience is

interactive investor....divi paid into account on the 'pay' day.

iWeb.....sometimes paid on the 'pay' day but can be a day (or two!) late.

Neither have lost/not paid a dividend ( touch wood).

As for 'losing ' a dividend.....even ITI Crapital (RIP :twisted: ) never managed that...(probably the only thing they did right).

DanUK

Postby DanUK » August 19th, 2022, 5:20 pm

Thanks for the responses, good to know.

The iweb interface is better than I thought it might be but then I never really used the full scope of what ii had to offer. Do iweb send a newsletter like the ii one? I also wonder if the ii newsletter will still be available to me once my account has closed, I found it quite useful to keep abreast of things.

Return to “Portfolio Management & Review”