Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Yahoo Finance Portfolios

A helpful place to also put any annual reports etc, of your own portfolios
AJC5001
Lemon Slice

Yahoo Finance Portfolios

Postby AJC5001 » April 24th, 2024, 10:39 pm

I have a number of portfolios in Yahoo Finance (HYP, IT's Watchlists etc).
Today there is a new piece of information "We are discontinuing Basic Portfolio. Please upgrade to Portfolio 2.0."
I have been ignoring their suggestions to convert up until now as I was quite happy with the Basic version, which I must have been using for years.
Has anyone performed this conversion with their own portfolio(s)?
If so, what conclusion do you have?

Adrian

seagles
Lemon Slice

Re: Yahoo Finance Portfolios

Postby seagles » April 25th, 2024, 11:23 am

Upgraded mine yesterday. No difference, but that could be because I created my own personal view for the display.

cinelli
Lemon Slice

Postby cinelli » April 29th, 2024, 10:24 am

I too use Yahoo portfolio and have seen the warning message. I went to Google to seek advice on upgrading and saw some savage criticism of the new scheme. This has rather put me off changing. I wonder if there a way of downloading existing holdings then, having created a new P2 portfolio, uploading. I am hoping that, surely, I don't have to type in holdings.

Cinelli

spiderbill
Lemon Slice

Postby spiderbill » April 29th, 2024, 1:13 pm

Just upgraded mine - no change that I can see. I have a number of watchlists which I converted first before converting my main portfolio listing. When they switched ok I went ahead.

cheers
Spiderbill

cinelli
Lemon Slice

Postby cinelli » Today, 6:21 pm

Has anyone worked out how to edit a "Note" against a holding in Portfolio 2.0? Thanks.

Cinelli

AJC5001
Lemon Slice

Postby AJC5001 » 56 minutes ago

cinelli wrote:Has anyone worked out how to edit a "Note" against a holding in Portfolio 2.0? Thanks.

Cinelli

Ah! Notes!

Used to show up on the 'Lots' display when you clicked the arrowhead on the left of the ticker in the My Holdings page - but now doesn't!

I've found it by going to My Holdings, opening the 'Lots' dropdown by clicking the arrowhead.
This gives a view of all* the transactions you've made.
This has three 'tabs' Share Lots, Transactions and Dividends
Click the 'Transactions' tab and 'Notes' is at the end of the row, followed by three dots ( ... )
Click the dots and select 'Edit transaction and you can edit anything in that 'lot'.
(*) When I say 'all', it only displays the latest 5 transactions, you have to click on 'more' to see older ones.
Also, I assume it will show Sales as well as Buys but I haven't got any sales transactions.

Personally. having converted my portfolios last week, in case they decided just to turn the old version off without any further warnings, I find the new version 2 almost useless. I have thought about posting what I dislike about the new format, but decided I needed a lengthy post to describe it all and haven't yet found the time.

Has anyone looked at their portfolio on a mobile? My iPhone 14 using Safari only shows the Symbol, total shareholding, total holding value, daily percentage change and the (completely useless!) column Status (all mine are 'Open' except for indices which are 'No shares'

Adrian

Return to “Portfolio Management & Review”