Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

moorfield HYRP

A helpful place to also put any annual reports etc, of your own portfolios
Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: moorfield HYRP

Postby Arborbridge » December 31st, 2022, 1:48 pm

moorfield wrote:2022 Update

Revolution. This year I have turned over the portfolio significantly, 52%, by recycling lower yield shares into higher yield investment trusts. The ratcheting effect of this has seen a significant milestone reached years earlier than planned - a natural yield income exceeding the higher rate income tax threshold (£50270). Acc Unit value gained +4.9%, Portfolio Xirr since inception (Nov 2008) was +8.4%. I turn 50 this year, for the next five years at least that income will continue to be reinvested into ITs (boring!), and it is not inconceivable that it might double again at +7.2%pa before I turn 60 (with the help of further contributions). We shall see, but I can now start thinking seriously about stopping working full time by 55-57 and broadening out IT holdings.

Trading & Costs

Portfolio Leavers

WPP, AZN, GSK, BA, ULVR, AV, NG, UU, SDRC, SSE, SHEL

Portfolio Joiners

EAT, CSH, HFEL, SMIF, NCYF, THRL, CHI, APAX, AEI, HHI, JLEN, FSFL, SOI, MYI

All that remains to write as usual is:
Happy New Year 2023 to All, and Thankyou to Owners and Mods for keeping LF running.

M

Congratulations - you are doing well! And thanks for giving me some New Year reading, because some of those tickers I do not recognise - not that I am anxious to collect even more, but you never know.

Arb.

moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Re: moorfield HYRP

Postby moorfield » December 31st, 2022, 2:46 pm

Arborbridge wrote:Congratulations - you are doing well! And thanks for giving me some New Year reading, because some of those tickers I do not recognise - not that I am anxious to collect even more, but you never know.

Thank you. Ultimately I am aiming for 15-20 income oriented ITs across different AIC sectors (14 so far). I have filled up a bingo card of HYP(ish) selection disasters over recent years, all of the above have impressed with metronomic payouts (particularly through Covid) and foremost thats what I want as mid-50s loom. There are a few more on the shortlist to come - INPP, TRY, HINT and BRWM (less metronomic).

Return to “Portfolio Management & Review”