Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Would welcome feedback on my portfolio

A helpful place to also put any annual reports etc, of your own portfolios
NoBidNoOffer

Would welcome feedback on my portfolio

Postby NoBidNoOffer » December 23rd, 2019, 5:16 pm

Hi

Can I have your thoughts and views on my current portfolio, which I have held since April but have sold some funds which weren't needed as they duplicated/ underperformed and also I sold some long held poorly performing shares, which I reinvested within the portfolio.

My Investment ISA
-----------------------

Fundsmith 31%.

LIndsell Train Global 30%

Fidelity Asian Dividend 17%

Axa Framlington Global Tech 17%

Investment account
------------------------

Smithson inv trust 5%

(I had to put it here as I will max out my ISA this current tax year year)

My country exposure is as follows:

USA 48%

UK 18%

Japan 6%

China 4%

Hong Kong 4%

I currently invest £150pm into my Investment ISA ( FS, LTG and Axa) however I am considering shifting to a lump sum amount of about £2k payable in the new tax year April 2020. I may consider putting it into Smithson to increase my smaller company holdings but unsure at the moment. I am looking for max growth as I'll be fully retired in a couple of years time. This portfolio value is just over £50k and isn't all of my assets as I have some money in cash, which will be untouched.

StOmer

Re: Would welcome feedback on my portfolio

Postby StOmer » December 23rd, 2019, 11:04 pm

Looks a very high conviction portfolio, if anything the Fidelity Asian Dividend fund strikes me as an odd partner but I know little about it. I expect that you have had some great returns from those holdings but with retirement looming it may be time to think about the risk of any significant downturn. If happy with the risk then I would expect the Fundsmith and LT funds to do well whilst Tech is probably going to outperform as 5G and 'connected homes' and automation etc take further hold in our lives. Good luck!

fca2019
2 Lemon pips

Postby fca2019 » December 27th, 2019, 6:00 pm

I admire your bravery! I'm the opposite and have a lot in trackers and bonds, as the actively managed funds are higher risk, and all tend to move in the same direction

If 2 years off retirement I'd be looking to sacrifice some returns for lower risk and volatility and to guard against investment failure.

NoBidNoOffer

Postby NoBidNoOffer » December 29th, 2019, 3:14 pm

Thanks for the replies yes I like the risk and I'm about 5 years from full retirement that's why I'm after the growth. However I am looking at a couple of trackers as I'm looking to widen the portfolio spread.

I am considering pulling £10k from Lindsell Train Global, which may go into any two of the following trackers (£5k each) ;

Fidelity Index Europe Ex UK P Acc

Fidelity Index World P Acc

HSBC FTSE 250 Index S Acc

I won't make any decisions until early in the new year or may wait until April unsure at the moment and some of it will depend on fund performance over that time.

NoBidNoOffer

Postby NoBidNoOffer » January 10th, 2020, 8:22 pm

I have tweaked my portfolio just a little.

Sold Fidelity Asian dividend (with gains) and put it all into Baillie Gifford Pacific B. I was looking at it's more aggressive approach, better performance, a lower fee and I liked the two fund managers strategy also I can dip my toe into China again without getting burnt too badly.

Sold 50% of Lindsell Train Global (it had gains) and put it into Legal & General Global 100 Index Trust. It doesn't invest in every company under the sun just the 100 or so big ones, which I'm more comfortable with. The L&G Global 100 Index has a very low fee and it's a counter to LTG, which seems to go down when the market rises. I'll be keeping an eye on LTG during 2020 and if it's being beaten by the Index fund then I'll shift it into Fundsmith and this Index.

Return to “Portfolio Management & Review”