Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

LSE new look Website

A helpful place to also put any annual reports etc, of your own portfolios
Bagger46

LSE new look Website

Postby Bagger46 » June 1st, 2020, 10:40 am

I must be getting old, hence even more grumpy, but I find this revamped website basically unusable. It is one of the sites I make extensive use of, for example searching RNSs, but what they think is slick and progress is form over substance. The whole world is shifting that way imho.

Am I the only one feeling that way.

Bagger

PS Did not know where best to post this.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: LSE new look Website

Postby kiloran » June 1st, 2020, 10:55 am

Bagger46 wrote:I must be getting old, hence even more grumpy, but I find this revamped website basically unusable. It is one of the sites I make extensive use of, for example searching RNSs, but what they think is slick and progress is form over substance. The whole world is shifting that way imho.

Bagger

I guess you mean the London Stock Exchange https://www.londonstockexchange.com/ and not London South East https://www.lse.co.uk/

I didn't know the former had changed. and I agree, more style than substance. Loads of irrelevant wasted space. Not unusable but ugly and inefficient, especially the banner on the home page which takes up more than half of the screen. I guess we'll have to get used to it.

--kiloran

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » June 1st, 2020, 11:09 am

Bagger46 wrote:.. It is one of the sites I make extensive use of, for example searching RNSs, but what they think is slick and progress is form over substance. The whole world is shifting that way imho.

Bagger

No, you are not alone. I had a look at the website over the weekend and briefly this morning. Can we have the old site back, please.

Meddling for meddling sake!

yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Postby yorkshirelad1 » June 1st, 2020, 11:59 am

Bagger46 wrote:I must be getting old, hence even more grumpy, but I find this revamped website basically unusable. It is one of the sites I make extensive use of, for example searching RNSs, but what they think is slick and progress is form over substance. The whole world is shifting that way imho.

Bagger

I'm not much a fan of the revamped London Stock Exch website either. It looks like it's been redesigned to be mobile friendly (it's the way of the future, you know....). There's an element of liking what one is used to and adapting one's habits to what you're used to working with, and irrritated when having to change (when progress for progress sake comes along). Personally, I liked the previous version: on one (home) page, a small graph of market index, a small box of indices, a small box of movers. Quick, easy, low footprint. Now it's all wizzy. No quick information, and redesign for design's sake. I wonder how much they paid for it.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » June 1st, 2020, 12:02 pm

Bagger46 wrote:Am I the only one feeling that way.

No, clearly not, it is dreadful.

A mere minor example but the pence in total deals is hardly material - such as for Air Partner:

Turnover £24,421.73

Then there’s all those modern dots to click on, unless one instead finds the right place to ‘Show more news’ for the RNSs.

Ho hum.

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » June 1st, 2020, 12:08 pm

i use this site every day.

very unimpressed with the new screen layouts.

some screens obscured by transparent overlays containing no useful info .

a real pain to use now .

:x

yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Postby yorkshirelad1 » June 1st, 2020, 2:30 pm

Bagger

Having had a quick Google for alternatives, I'm liking
https://www.ii.co.uk/indices/ftse-100-index
https://uk.investing.com/markets/united-kingdom
Any other recs?

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » June 1st, 2020, 2:39 pm

yorkshirelad1 wrote:
Having had a quick Google for alternatives, I'm liking
https://www.ii.co.uk/indices/ftse-100-index
https://uk.investing.com/markets/united-kingdom
Any other recs?

Try these: http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... sites.html

--kiloran

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Postby GoSeigen » June 1st, 2020, 3:41 pm

Much as I agree with the sentiments on this thread, it's not much use posting complaints here. LSE staff are highly unlikely to read them or do anything even if they do stumble across the thread.

Better to send feedback directly to the company using the "Other query? Contact us here" link near the bottom of each page.

GS

puffster
2 Lemon pips

Postby puffster » June 1st, 2020, 3:43 pm

I can only describe it as a steaming pile of *BEEP*.

Regards, Puffster

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » June 1st, 2020, 4:19 pm

GoSeigen wrote:Much as I agree with the sentiments on this thread, it's not much use posting complaints here. LSE staff are highly unlikely to read them or do anything even if they do stumble across the thread.

Better to send feedback directly to the company using the "Other query? Contact us here" link near the bottom of each page.

GS

=========================

agreed , i plan to do that.

but it does help people on these boards for these views to be aired .

:)

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » June 1st, 2020, 5:01 pm

GoSeigen wrote:[Better to send feedback directly to the company using the "Other query? Contact us here" link near the bottom of each page.

As suggested elsewhere, such as at Stockopedia (which is relatively amusing in that they are turning off their old site soon).

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » June 1st, 2020, 7:04 pm

Bagger

It's not a site I would even contemplate for RNS posts. I use Investegate, https://www.investegate.co.uk/ and if I need better formatted tables to copy into Notepad, then I use ADVFN, via https://uk.advfn.com/news/headlines. They seem to be using very odd character sets these days. Better when they stuck to Courier.

TJH

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Postby TUK020 » June 2nd, 2020, 6:27 am

Bagger46 wrote:PS Did not know where best to post this.

Bitter Lemons?

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » June 2nd, 2020, 8:06 am

i use the LSE site for holding a portfolio of shares of interest - it shows latest prices , cost/value of my holdings , change today etc .

DAK better sites for this requirement ?

thanks

:?:

Bagger46

Postby Bagger46 » June 2nd, 2020, 8:24 am

tjh290633 wrote:

Bagger

It's not a site I would even contemplate for RNS posts. I use Investegate, https://www.investegate.co.uk/ and if I need better formatted tables to copy into Notepad, then I use ADVFN, via https://uk.advfn.com/news/headlines. They seem to be using very odd character sets these days. Better when they stuck to Courier.

TJH

Thanks TJ. I am very familiar with all these sites, and personal preference does come into it, but I must say I was perfectly happy to use the old LSE website, preferred it, and it did what I required without the slightest bother. The new LSE one does not have the easy access to what I require while doing my research.

Bagger

PS However, it might not matter at all. Because of Covid-19, I have been 'forced' out my long retirement(it is a long story) in helping out one of our daughters businesses. Despite the tremendous hassle and very long hours required, it has been very rewarding to help in saving businesses and in the process safeguarding the jobs of a few dozen people, and creating openings for a few youngsters. So much so that I am seriously considering carrying on in a roving role, after all I spent my working life doing this type of thing anyway. This will mean that I basically will turn my back on the stock markets, and in particular the extensive research I used to do to improve results, and redirect some market funds to the businesses for a few years. The recent period of market turmoil, full of opportunities, has allowed me, as I posted elsewhere, to carry on enough (at times on the risky side)trading to bring our average acc units close enough to their previous max anyway(-4.7% YTD as of last nights updates), and we don't need the income anyway, capital levels are more than adequate. Our other retirement activity in travelling worldwide to visit friends across the globe does not look attractive or safe(I am considered at risk from this nasty virus) going forward anyway, and keeping busy is important.

Return to “Portfolio Management & Review”