Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Absolutezero's HYP

A helpful place to also put any annual reports etc, of your own portfolios
moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Re: Absolutezero's HYP

Postby moorfield » September 16th, 2020, 12:29 pm

absolutezero wrote:I've been having a look at some smaller cap shares. (Yes. I know. Es ist verboten.)

Nein ist es nicht. Call your portfolio or thread a PHYS (Portfolio of High Yield Shares) instead. Do what suits you, just don't misappropriate the hallowed HYP acronym lest The Heavies come after you ...

As for small caps, I've recently purchased a tranche of (AIM listed) Gateley Plc (GTLY). This was, I think, one of the first big LLP law firms to reincorporate as a PLC about five years ago. It has cancelled its interim dividend however I put it on a nominal yield of 6.3% based on the dividend reported (8.0p) in its last annual report. Again a few evenings with Mr Oakley's book and its financial statements have persuaded me it is an efficient, high margin, low debt, cash generative business that can cover that dividend. One for the future. Look out for it's next RNS which is expected this month I think.

absolutezero
Lemon Quarter

Postby absolutezero » September 16th, 2020, 2:44 pm

moorfield wrote:
absolutezero wrote:I've been having a look at some smaller cap shares. (Yes. I know. Es ist verboten.)

Nein ist es nicht. Call your portfolio or thread a PHYS (Portfolio of High Yield Shares) instead. Do what suits you, just don't misappropriate the hallowed HYP acronym lest The Heavies come after you ...

As for small caps, I've recently purchased a tranche of (AIM listed) Gateley Plc (GTLY). This was, I think, one of the first big LLP law firms to reincorporate as a PLC about five years ago. It has cancelled its interim dividend however I put it on a nominal yield of 6.3% based on the dividend reported (8.0p) in its last annual report. Again a few evenings with Mr Oakley's book and its financial statements have persuaded me it is an efficient, high margin, low debt, cash generative business that can cover that dividend. One for the future. Look out for it's next RNS which is expected this month I think.

I quite like the look of this but the free float is only 48% according to Stockopedia. Alarm bells?
The dividend looks good and they offer a diverse set of services. ROCE is excellent.

funduffer
Lemon Quarter

Postby funduffer » October 11th, 2020, 9:05 pm

I have frozen my HYP this year, and all my dividends have been aimed at IT’s instead.

Have a look at Renewable Infrastructure fund IT’s. They have good yields and growing dividends. Plenty of discussion on other boards.

I have recent bought Greencoat UK Wind (UKW) and NextEnergy Solar Fund (NESF).

Would add some diversification to your portfolio.

absolutezero
Lemon Quarter

Postby absolutezero » October 12th, 2020, 12:05 pm

Thanks for the advice. Will have a peep.

Return to “Portfolio Management & Review”