Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Portfolio - half year review

A helpful place to also put any annual reports etc, of your own portfolios
Adamski
Lemon Quarter

Portfolio - half year review

Postby Adamski » June 28th, 2022, 10:44 am

Current portfolio as follows:

Vanguard World VWRL - 40%
Capital Gearing Trust - 24%
Vanguard Lifestrategy 60% - 24%
Personal Assets Trust - 5%
Fidelity Special Values - 4%
iShares Physical Gold - 2%
Aegon Diversified Monthly - 1%

Return YTD 6 months - (7.1)%
Benchmark - (9.5)%

Positive variance - 2.4%

Benchmark - average of Vanguard LifeStrategy 60 and 80 less platform custody charges

Pleased with the performance given the market we're in. Capital Gearing has been particularly useful as only lost 2.6% on that ytd.

Obviously not so hot a return compared to inflation heading to 11% :lol:

Think I've been lucky with switching out of tech funds before the tech stock correction/bear market. During course of last year I gradually moved out of the Baillie Gifford funds I was holding - Monks, Pacific Horizon, SMT and BG China.

Increased holdings in CGT this year as better returns than market and to lower overall volatility. Topped up Aegon diversified monthly distribution to pay for the custody charges. Recent purchase of gold SGLN also as a bear market hedge.

Current portfolio - weighting 70% Equities.

I've been stock market investing 4 years. I'm probably more cautious than some here. I think this reflects I started in Q4 2018 which was a correction period, so made a loss first few months I started, and then a year later invested big sums directly before the Covid (flash) crash, so since have a preference to avoid taking on too much of a risk.

Hope you found interesting...

Return to “Portfolio Management & Review”