Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

GSK/Haleon (mark 2)

A helpful place to also put any annual reports etc, of your own portfolios
Dod101
The full Lemon

GSK/Haleon (mark 2)

Postby Dod101 » July 20th, 2022, 8:46 am

Having been issued with a few Haleon shares in two separate ISA accounts I have just sold them and added the proceeds in both cases to JPM Global Growth. It helps to give me a larger holding in the latter and I rather like the trust. I have no concerns about the cost of acquiring Haleon because as I said, they are both holdings are in a tax free environment.

Will see how the new GSK does now.

Dod

PhaseThree

Re: GSK/Haleon (mark 2)

Postby PhaseThree » July 20th, 2022, 8:59 am

Dod101 wrote:Having been issued with a few Haleon shares in two separate ISA accounts I have just sold them and added the proceeds in both cases to JPM Global Growth. It helps to give me a larger holding in the latter and I rather like the trust. I have no concerns about the cost of acquiring Haleon because as I said, they are both holdings are in a tax free environment.

Dod

Do you consider the new GSK a "hold" ? I'm not entirely convinced. I'm probably going to sell both GSK and Haleon in the next week or so and use the money to top up a few investment trusts I already hold.

ADrunkenMarcus
Lemon Quarter

Postby ADrunkenMarcus » July 20th, 2022, 9:23 am

I held GSK from 1998 to 2010 and again 2015-18. I have held AZN continuously since 1998 and been rather pleased with its performance.

Hopefully the 'new GSK' can perform closer to AZN in the future. As for the spun-off entity, I have mixed thoughts but I'm somewhat glad as a Unilever shareholder that they did not acquire it.

Best wishes

Mark.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » July 20th, 2022, 10:42 am

PhaseThree wrote:
Dod101 wrote:Having been issued with a few Haleon shares in two separate ISA accounts I have just sold them and added the proceeds in both cases to JPM Global Growth. It helps to give me a larger holding in the latter and I rather like the trust. I have no concerns about the cost of acquiring Haleon because as I said, they are both holdings are in a tax free environment.

Dod

Do you consider the new GSK a "hold" ? I'm not entirely convinced. I'm probably going to sell both GSK and Haleon in the next week or so and use the money to top up a few investment trusts I already hold.

I am happy to hold it which I have done for some years. Pharma surely has a bright future. Despite ADrunkenMarcus's comments re Astrazenca it is really only in the last couple of years or so that its share price has done much and it is still quite volatile. I hope that GSK can now do at least the same.

Dod

Return to “Portfolio Management & Review”