Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Raptors complete portfolio year end

A helpful place to also put any annual reports etc, of your own portfolios
Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Raptors complete portfolio year end

Postby Raptor » April 4th, 2017, 3:40 pm

Have posted my HYP on the practical board. Raptors HYP year end

Five IT's in the mix. At 1.5 X median, we draw a line from MYI downwards. TW does look like I need to seriously consider keeping an eye on.

The above are held in a trading account, SIPP and ISA. All IT's are in the SIPP.

I will be, probably, be top-slicing AMFW and BA and disposing of SVS from my trading account. Maybe also NXG and TCAP as I have some expenditure that needs covering. These are due to CGT planning, reducing the dividend income that would be taxable as well as getting rid of the 2 minnows. Can then look at some bed & isa at some point. Mind you could be a great opportunity to balance the portfolio and top-slice TW, will hold off the decision until I need to get the money and see what, if anything, has changed.

Dividends in both the ISA and SIPP are held there to use for top-ups. Both give 2 or 3 tranches per year. Hopefully will also have some "spare" money later to use in my ISA. Currently less than 1% in the ISA and just under 2% in the SIPP is cash. Neither enough (at the moment to trigger me to buy, but next months dividends in the SIPP will/should be enough). Dividend income from trading account is paid-away and used to pay for holidays, lots of them.

Raptor.

YeeWo
Lemon Slice

Re: Raptors complete portfolio year end

Postby YeeWo » April 5th, 2017, 10:15 am

1) BP, BT, GSK, HSBC & Vodafone we both hold in common,

2) I sold Tesco last month. I came to the conclusion that the Merger with Booker was Management confessing that the economics of food retailing are going to take a long time and need major surgery before they/if ever get good again.

3) I've looked at Pearson (I hold RELX) and couldn't convince myself to Buy. Why do you continue to hold? Pearson is selling family silver to pay debts........

4) I hold 19 stocks, I see you hold 30 different stocks/funds. Are you intending holding more than 30 or do you consider this very much the outer limit of rational diversification?

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Re: Raptors complete portfolio year end

Postby Raptor » April 5th, 2017, 3:04 pm

YeeWo wrote:1) BP, BT, GSK, HSBC & Vodafone we both hold in common,

2) I sold Tesco last month. I came to the conclusion that the Merger with Booker was Management confessing that the economics of food retailing are going to take a long time and need major surgery before they/if ever get good again.

3) I've looked at Pearson (I hold RELX) and couldn't convince myself to Buy. Why do you continue to hold? Pearson is selling family silver to pay debts........

4) I hold 19 stocks, I see you hold 30 different stocks/funds. Are you intending holding more than 30 or do you consider this very much the outer limit of rational diversification?

2. I too sold Tesco's but I have some "bonus" shares held with Equinti. I work for them so get an annual "bonus" if targets met.
3. I sometimes wonder why I keep Pearson myself. I suppose that I am still waiting to see if they have made the right choice. LTBH.
4. 25 Shares and 5 IT's. I do not intend to hold anymore as no longer in the build phase. It only got to 25 (was 26) because I inherited a portfolio.

Raptor.

Return to “Portfolio Management & Review”