Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Portfolio Review

A helpful place to also put any annual reports etc, of your own portfolios
Steveam
Lemon Slice

Re: Portfolio Review

Postby Steveam » November 25th, 2023, 10:50 pm

I used to think in terms of wanting x% but, of course, if the portfolio doubles perhaps half x is sufficient. We don’t spend %ages, we spend £$€. Yield is a shorthand but not the real thing.

Best wishes, Steve

yieldhog
Lemon Slice

Re: Portfolio Review

Postby yieldhog » December 7th, 2023, 5:26 pm

With the publication of December dividend figures for IUKD and IAPD my 2023 dividend spreadsheet is now complete.
Overall, 2023 dividends increased by 5.14% comared with last year
Dividend return based on market value of the portfolio at the start of the year was 7.25%
As of today, inflation appears to be 4.6%
On top of the dividend return I realised a net profit of 3.01% on the portfolio.

In line with my objectives, I simplified the portfolio by selling 10 single name holdings and 2 funds for a net profit of 3.01% of portfolio value.

My withdrawal rate for this year will be 3.80%

As of today, portfolio looks about 3.4% lower than the start of 2023 after taking account of the withdrawals. Adding back withdrawals it would be slightly higher (+0.3%).

We still have a few weeks to go before the end of year so there's still hope of a bit more of a Santa rally, but I think that's wishful thinking.

I'll report more details after the year end including the portfolio I will start with in 2024. On current figures for the much simplified portfolio, it will have a market value dividend yield of 7.88% based on 19 holdings, down from 26 this year.

Y

Return to “Portfolio Management & Review”