Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

AngloGold Ashanti Limited/plc

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

AngloGold Ashanti Limited/plc

Postby Bouleversee » July 12th, 2023, 1:10 pm

Does anyone else hold shares in AngloGold? I have had a holding in certificated form for several years and I have just received two tomes of over 100 A4 pages in each case. relating to (so far as I can understand at a quick glance at the opening pages) the sale of AGA to NewCo, its wholly owned subsidiary, who have made an irrevocable offer to purchase all the AGA shares by scheme of arrangement on a one for one basis, resulting in corporate restructuring, change in domicile and change in primary listing of the group. It is the present non-binding intention of AGA to accept the offer.

I haven't had time to plough through the rest of the documents yet but wondered whether anyone else knew anything about this rather strange development and had any views on whether it was good news for investors or the reverse.

Bouleversee

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Re: AngloGold Ashanti Limited/plc

Postby Bouleversee » August 22nd, 2023, 2:32 pm

Am I really the only Fool/fool to hold these shares? The proposals were voted through at the meeting on the 18th but it rather sounds as though I will get dematerialised shares in exchange for my certificated ones and goodness knows who will hold those or whether I will ever get my money back (bought 1989). All a time-consuming nightmare!

Return to “Mining & Metals”