Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

goldmoney.com

1nvest
Lemon Quarter

goldmoney.com

Postby 1nvest » April 30th, 2023, 5:20 pm

I believe with BullionVault if you withdraw physical gold its in the form of bars. I note however that with goldmoney you can arrange to withdraw in the form of Sovereigns. So conceptually if you held gold in their say Singapore vault, then transferred that to their London vault, and arranged collection in the form of Sovereigns, you have gold in the form of CGT exempt coins that might then be sold for Pounds.

Technically I suspect that the correct procedure is that you should declare the withdrawal as Sovereigns as a non CGT exempt sale event (gold bars) and pay the relevant CGT on any gains, as the original purchase of vaulted gold was in the form of bars (£ -> gold bars/grams). What would be nice is if you could deposit into goldmoney in the form of Sovereigns, as then your gold would have been both deposited/vaulted and withdrawn/sold in the form of CGT exempt Sovereigns.

Dicky99
Lemon Slice

Re: goldmoney.com

Postby Dicky99 » April 30th, 2023, 5:35 pm

1nvest wrote: What would be nice is if you could deposit into goldmoney in the form of Sovereigns, as then your gold would have been both deposited/vaulted and withdrawn/sold in the form of CGT exempt Sovereigns.

What would be nicer, for me at least, would be if the share price for Goldmoney would rise above what I paid for some 20 months ago. At least it seems to have bottomed out and is climbing slowly but steadily back towards break even.

Return to “Mining & Metals”