Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Well done Hastings - Renewal

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
robbelg
Lemon Slice

Well done Hastings - Renewal

Postby robbelg » March 4th, 2017, 4:40 pm

I've just had my car insurance renewal letter from Hastings. So of course I went to Go Compare and the Meerkat - Amazingly neither of them can beat it!

Well done Hastings

stooz
Site Admin

Re: Well done Hastings - Renewal

Postby stooz » March 4th, 2017, 9:48 pm

not hasting direct is it? Seems to be a different ball game.
I had them and several friends have. When it comes to paying out they are hopeless. My friend is still waiting for a claim to be sorted and hasting say it could take 3 years to accept guilt (they have paid for the damage) "because they can" so they are on - NCD until they do. And they just wont take calls.

cheap isnt best.

Take a look for reviews to get a feel for what you are paying for.

BT63
Lemon Slice

Postby BT63 » March 5th, 2017, 10:05 am

Our cars have been with Aviva (online, direct) for the last few years.
The quotes seemed very reasonable although not the very cheapest, but cheap can mean dealing with unheard of companies or premium rate telephone lines.
Nearly a year ago someone looking for a parking space stopped suddenly, put their car in reverse, shot backwards and drove into my car, causing £2.5k of damage to my car's lights and front panels.
Fortunately I had a dashcam (front + rear). I gave the video to Aviva, blame was apportioned the following day (100% fault for other driver) and a couple of weeks later my car was fixed, with the biggest part of the wait being the local dealership having to source parts.
After the initial call to Aviva and sending them the video, everything else was taken care of - the only contact after that were a few phone calls to arrange a suitable place and time for my car to be repaired.

As long as Aviva continue to offer reasonable quotes, we'll be happy to continue insuring our cars with them.

disclaimer: I am not a shareholder of Aviva. ;)

stooz
Site Admin

Postby stooz » March 6th, 2017, 2:26 pm

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.hastingsdirect.com

good reviews are people who say it was easy to get a policy, terrible reviews for anyone that's had to deal with them.

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”