Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Selling a car outright

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
gryffron
Lemon Quarter

Re: Selling a car outright

Postby gryffron » April 14th, 2017, 11:57 pm

redsturgeon wrote:
didds wrote:
swill453 wrote:Yes, as someone else said, they take a standard amount off the offered price for any damaged body panel - presumably even for stone chips. I think £90 per panel was mentioned.
Say if three panels were involved, that would make a relatively small difference to a £10k car, but would cut the offered price in half for a £500 car.
Scott.

But who would be buying a £500 car expecting it be in pristine condition? In this regard it really does sound like the £90 per panel thing is a way to hugely reduce the offer on a car that cannot be expected by be anything but a runner.
??
didds

I guess WBAC have no desire to buy cars in the £500 price bracket...how could they possibly make any money on that? But to live up to their eponym they have to make an offer for any car that is put to them...yes we will buy any car...at a price!
John

Yes they do and yes they did. Pretty sure the penalty applied to my car was £15 per panel. Presumably the damage penalty varies with the original price estimate. My car sold to them for £400. Which I was quite happy with. 12yo and the clutch was shot (yes, I did tell them). At £90 per panel I'd have been paying them.

Gryff

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”