Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Thermostat Housing Leaking.

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Thermostat Housing Leaking.

Postby OLTB » November 24th, 2019, 6:10 pm

Evening all.

My eight year old Nissan Qashqai’s battery died today and the AA man who replaced it also spotted that the thermostat housing is leaking on the bleed nipple. I have no idea what that means but he said that it would have to be a garage that repairs it as he couldn’t do it.

Does anyone know if this is an expensive job? Just so I can prepare myself when I ring round tomorrow morning.

Thanks again, cheers, OLTB.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Thermostat Housing Leaking.

Postby redsturgeon » November 25th, 2019, 7:55 am

OLTB wrote:Evening all.

My eight year old Nissan Qashqai’s battery died today and the AA man who replaced it also spotted that the thermostat housing is leaking on the bleed nipple. I have no idea what that means but he said that it would have to be a garage that repairs it as he couldn’t do it.

Does anyone know if this is an expensive job? Just so I can prepare myself when I ring round tomorrow morning.

Thanks again, cheers, OLTB.

It is just a bleed screw for getting air out of the cooling system (radiator). Should not be an expensive job, possibly just needs unscrewing and some sealant put around it. Worst case scenario a new radiator but that seems unlikely.

John

MonsterMork
Lemon Slice

Re: Thermostat Housing Leaking.

Postby MonsterMork » November 25th, 2019, 7:56 am

Could be a fiver, could be a hundred and fifty, really couldn't say without seeing it. It might be as simple as the garage tightening the bleed nipple, a one minute job. Equally they may find that the stat housing is cracked, so that will be new housing, nipple, stat and coolant and an hour or so labour.

SpannersMork

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”