Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

car polish - is it worth it?

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

car polish - is it worth it?

Postby brightncheerful » July 23rd, 2020, 1:16 pm

a mod having locked the original thread I cannot comment there. had I done, I would've said:

water (hose down) to loosen dirt
wash using shampoo
rinse (clean water)
dry
polish
wax

polish applied removes any (or most of) roughness on the paintwork and removing the polish leaves a shine

wax seals the shine.

the quality and duration of shine is only as good as the polish (the preparation stage) and products used.

some products are sold as wax and polish but I've found them ineffective long-term, I prefer separate products for each stage.

dust is inevitable, even when the car is kept in a garage. I find that by waxing the car (or just the roof, bonnet and boot) every 6 months or so, depending upon usage, I can blow away most of the dust by breathing onto the paintwork, or use a duster.

Moderator Message:
Moved to Cars etc as a new thread. If discussion is expected or invited it isn't a DAK.

For reference, the locked thread can be read at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6383 (chas49)

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”