Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

How is it with you?

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
XFool
The full Lemon

How is it with you?

Postby XFool » April 21st, 2020, 6:32 pm

On my daily walk I can see the roads have much reduced traffic. There are still the usual suspects (Audis & Beamers) scooting along at 40+++ but most cars don't seem to be doing this. More recently I seem to have noticed a new phenomenon: some vehicles now seem to be driving quite slowly, well under 30mph.

Has anyone else noticed this? Perhaps, without the usual suspects 'pushing' them from behind, more drivers can now relax and drive at a pace that feels more natural to them?

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Re: How is it with you?

Postby PinkDalek » April 21st, 2020, 8:41 pm

XFool wrote:On my daily walk I can see the roads have much reduced traffic.

Today we felt the number of vehicles was increasing even from Monday. Maybe they haven't got to you as yet.

As for the speeds, they are variable as you say.

richlist
Lemon Quarter

Postby richlist » April 21st, 2020, 8:56 pm

I'm loving it.
Empty roads, lots of parking spaces, quieter, more relaxed, less people rushing around. Driving has become more pleasurable, I'm using virtually no fuel, looks like I'm gonna get a small car insurance refund, don't have to clean car as it's not getting dirty.

I'm actually enjoying the lockdown.....but I guess I'm in the minority.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » April 22nd, 2020, 8:47 am

But, then again...

Coronavirus: Speeding drivers flout limit during lockdown

BBC News

Speeding motorists have been travelling at more than double the limit during lockdown, UK police have revealed.

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Postby DrFfybes » April 22nd, 2020, 9:23 am

Aound town speeds seem pretty much the same as before, perhaps a bit lower in residential areas.

Standnig outside the Pharmacy yesterday for an hour most vehicles were slower than I expected, except for the usual culprit of a Highways Maintenance tipper.

One thing I did notice as traffic was very light was the difference in vehicle noise - one of the noisiest cars to go past turned out to be a Tesla 3, the tyre roar was massive and only a large Merc came close. It was louder than several Transit style vans passing, including the ones going up the hill.

I wonder if it is as loud inside?

Paul

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”