Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Doing my bit for the environment?

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Doing my bit for the environment?

Postby DrFfybes » May 26th, 2021, 5:55 pm

In a bid to reduce outgoings and improve sanity, I have disposed of the large blue Italian money pit.

Apart from the sub 20mpg and 4 figure annual service costs, it has been a great car, and has gone to someone who mends them and so can carry out the 4k it needs spending on it to get it sorted for considerably less.

He's just left me and driven back to East Sussex, which means he'll do as many miles today than it did since it's MOT last June, mosf of which was me moving it from Devon to Shropshire.

I am kind of sad to see it go after 8 years as it was a joy to drive, and contrary to expectations it never actually broke down and stranded us anywhere, but a 16 year old car is always going to need some fettling, and I found myself waiting for the next batch of pound signs on the dashboard to come on.

They say the 2 happiest days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it. Maserati ownership is not entirely dissimilar.

I reckon I can move the ride on mower from the shed to the garage and still have room to squeeze a Morgan 3 wheeler in :)

Paul

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Re: Doing my bit for the environment?

Postby ReformedCharacter » May 26th, 2021, 6:03 pm

DrFfybes wrote:
I reckon I can move the ride on mower from the shed to the garage and still have room to squeeze a Morgan 3 wheeler in :)

Paul

Is the Morgan 3 wheeler a serious prospect? They look like a lot of fun.

RC

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Postby DrFfybes » May 26th, 2021, 6:27 pm

ReformedCharacter wrote:
DrFfybes wrote:

Paul

RC

Having bought me a motorcycle the other week, MrsF is looking at replacing her old riding kit and getting a new helmet. I figure once she has those then it will become a viable proposition.

[tappety tap]

Hells teeth - those 3 wheelers hold their value well!

staffordian
Lemon Quarter

Postby staffordian » May 26th, 2021, 6:43 pm

DrFfybes wrote:
ReformedCharacter wrote:
DrFfybes wrote:

Paul

RC

Having bought me a motorcycle the other week, MrsF is looking at replacing her old riding kit and getting a new helmet. I figure once she has those then it will become a viable proposition.

[tappety tap]

Hells teeth - those 3 wheelers hold their value well!

So, it'll be a Reliant then :D

But seriously, I've always fancied a Bond...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I4ZKOPmeU7c

Snag is, at 6'3" I don't think I'd fit in one

MonsterMork
Lemon Slice

Postby MonsterMork » May 26th, 2021, 10:44 pm

DrFfybes wrote:In a bid to reduce outgoings and improve sanity, I have disposed of the large blue Italian money pit.

Apart from the sub 20mpg and 4 figure annual service costs, it has been a great car, and has gone to someone who mends them and so can carry out the 4k it needs spending on it to get it sorted for considerably less.

Paul

If you are in beautiful Salop then you will soon be requiring something else large, blue, sub 20mp, 4 figure annual servicing and 4k sorting costs. Let me know when you are ready for the Land Rover. Outgoings and sanity may not be any different :lol:

MM

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”