Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Taking a car for its MOT, without an MOT or tax

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
didds
Lemon Half

Re: Taking a car for its MOT, without an MOT or tax

Postby didds » September 9th, 2021, 11:24 pm

DrFfybes wrote:
Dod101 wrote:
DrFfybes wrote:Besides, if it is obviously unroadworthy it invalidates your MOT :)

Paul

I am not sure if that is the correct expression. After all the MOT is evidence only that at the time of inspection the vehicle was roadworthy. A lot can happen in three, six or nine months.

Dod

DOh - I meant insurance!

it still doesnt invalidate the 3rd party responsibilties of your insurers.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Taking a car for its MOT, without an MOT or tax

Postby Dod101 » September 9th, 2021, 11:37 pm

didds wrote:
DrFfybes wrote:
Dod101 wrote:
I am not sure if that is the correct expression. After all the MOT is evidence only that at the time of inspection the vehicle was roadworthy. A lot can happen in three, six or nine months.

Dod

DOh - I meant insurance!

it still doesnt invalidate the 3rd party responsibilties of your insurers.

An interesting point which I had not thought of. Is there a requirement that you keep the vehicle in roadworthy condition in the usual insurance policy? I would imagine that the opposite would invalidate it. In other words if you drive the vehicle knowing that it is unroadworthy you may not be covered by your insurance although is it the case that they will cover third party personal injury whatever? If they do they would probably seek to recover it from the insured. Getting a bit late for this sort of thing because I am digging around in my long ago memory.

Dod

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”