Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

EV charging at home

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
Arborbridge
The full Lemon

EV charging at home

Postby Arborbridge » November 12th, 2021, 1:46 pm

I thought to look at my service provider and see if there are an special deals on power points or tariffs for an EV, and I found a rather interesting - depressing - fact. I'm with Scottish Power and they are telling me that my smart meters are not communicating as the signal isn't strong enough. Apparently, they did get signals from my meters earlier in the year but don't now but added rther curously: "If we wait, they might come back again" !

I presume this is some mobile signal problem between the meter and the service provider, but they are unable to do anything about it, it seems. If they are routing their signals through, say, BT or VOD, we are in a known dead spot, but they do not seem willing or able to vary who the provider is. I'm guessing even if they came to fit new meters (which they won't "because they are working" :lol: ) it isn't going to solve this problem. If my guess is correct - that it depends on the service provider - then I have to quizz any potential energy supplier as to which company they use. This is pretty cumbersome and somewhat annoying.

They rule out absolutely any possibility of having cheap rate electricity, so I'm stuffed.

Have other people come across this problem?

Arb.

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”